Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
kkim
kkim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Unhappy Some PDF is not showing in the list

I've created PDF files using both Adobe PDF distiller and open source PDF printer driver of a web site. I tried different size, letter and A5.

Some how, other PDF files shows fine in the reader's book list and I can read them, but those files I created, they don't even appear in the list. One file once appeared (I don't know how), and when I tried to view it, it says it's a protected file, which isn't true.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

My device/system: PRS-505, SDHC 8GB, Vista/XP, ebook reader v3.

Thanks.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
How are you copying the files to the reader - try using the Sony software if not doing so?

It's not that they're being given odd names in the meta-data, is it? Try the "Books by Date" listing to check?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #3
kkim
kkim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
I copied onto the SD card directly from Windows, as I have another trouble with the ebook library software. I did give proper name (file name, and title, etc). I tried Books by date as well, and it's not showing either. May be I'll upload this PDF file and someone can test also?

Thanks for your suggestion!
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pdf, prs-505, sd card