Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: Do You Regret Your Purchase of Your PRS 700
No, I love my PRS 700 60 77.92%
Yes, Ive Returned it or sold it or otherwise wish I had a different device 17 22.08%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #31
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
if they are text pdfs, they can be "reflowed" to increase the font size if necessary, which will lose the page layout, or you can enlarge the page with the zoom feature just like an image, which preserves the layout.
I've been curious about this, and no one has really said. HOW does it reflow? Does it reflow everything by default, or is there a way to choose reflow vs pan/scan mode?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #32
rjfarrell
Zealot
rjfarrell doesn't litterrjfarrell doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Iphone, Ipad
I really am loving my 700. I have checked out several books from the library, as well as a few purchases from Sony book store. All of them a breeze.

Do I wish the screen were a bit brighter? Absolutely. Will I give up flipping the page with my thumb anywhere on the screen? Not on your life.
rjfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2009, 11:18 AM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I've been curious about this, and no one has really said. HOW does it reflow? Does it reflow everything by default, or is there a way to choose reflow vs pan/scan mode?

BOb
you have the choice. the zoom button brings up a menu bar, where you can choose either "increase font size" (those are the 5 size buttons in a row on the bottom), this will reflow the text, or on the top left choose the "zoom in" button, which enlarges the page without trying to reflow.

if you choose this button you get a new slider on the top left of the page to zoom in / out, and when you slide it, the display changes instantly with a rather rough rendering, then when you let go of the slider it cleans up the image (a bit like 2-pass optimised jpgs, if you know what those look like when they're loading).

then you can drag the image around the screen with your finger to see different parts if you enlarge it more than the screen size (or, there are arrow buttons on each of the four sides, you can use those to move as well). this is really good for images, and also for image pdfs.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #34
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Yep, zooming is fun, and its pretty quick

S size on the Reader is hte Original PDF
M-XXL are the same Text Reflowed
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote