Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Touch Lighted Cover

I see Amazon finally has the lighted covers in stock, before I purchase one is there any problems with them??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
toadhall
toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.toadhall can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPad, Kindle Touch
Going through the reviews, it seems some may have a malfunctioning light. That's one thing to look out for.

But that could actually be a problem with the Touch itself. Some have said that it is not the cover that is the problem but the contacts on the Touch that are faulty.

That or those people didn't shove the Touch into the cover hard enough for the contacts to actually meet.

I ordered one myself and am still waiting for it to arrive. Unfortunately I'm in Malaysia and we're in the middle of the Chinese New Year celebrations so shipping is slower than usual or else I would be able to share my take on it.

Am a little worried about the light but crossing fingers!
toadhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I love this lighted cover. It is small, sleek and light. No more little tabs in the side, you pop the Kindle into the cover, and it lays flush. The cover folds all the way back, and is flat, which is very nice if you use the Kindle at the gym and want to prop it up on a fitness machine. The light slides out and pops back into its place easily. No tugging like on the K3 cover.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Codetoad13
Codetoad13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
The cover is wonderful. However I went thru 3 before replacing the touch to the the light to work. If you have problem with the light be aware the touch may be the problem not the cover. Also, after the 3rd call the support person who was very helpful, had no idea the the cover drew power from the reader.
Codetoad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
Zippity
Beginner
Zippity began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (SWMBO) & Kindle Touch (Me)
Mine arrived from the USA on Tuesday - a 5 day trip from NJ

I love it.
Zippity is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #6
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I have the lighted cover for the Touch and I love it. I believe it is functionally better than the one for the K3. The light being centered makes a difference, and the light is so small. I've had mine for about 3 weeks and have not taken my Kindle out of it since the day I got it.
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
People seem to love them or hate them (I love mine):

Those that love them:
- Form fitting case that adds minimal bulk to the Kindle.
- Integrated light is built-in; doesn't get in the way
- No need to recharge light as it works of the KT battery.

Those that hate them:
- Want a 'plush' case with a more luxurious feel. The case is a hard case with a thin skin of leather and they want a case that has a thicker, softer cover.
- The light shines in your eyes. The light points across the page, not down at the page. As a result it can shine in your eyes.
- It (and any case) on the KT covers the speakers and makes it difficult to hear text-to-speech.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #8
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I LOVE my lighted cover. Having had various Kindles and covers over the years (including Oberon, M-Edge and Amazon), the lighted cover for my Kindle Touch is absolutely perfect. It is svelte, lightweight, elegant in design and functional. It blends so well with the Kindle's form that it almost seems to be part of the device. The light functions extremely well with sufficient illumination over the center of the display.

I could not be happier.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #9
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I went through 2 covers before discovering the defect was on my KT. Other than that I love the lighted cover.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #10
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
So far I am enjoying it, the light is not as bright as I would prefer but I like the fit and it works in most situations.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
dax123
Connoisseur
dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Silver PRS 600, Red PRS 650, Kindle 3 WiFi (Keyboard), Kindle 4 basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
People seem to love them or hate them (I love mine):

Those that love them:
- Form fitting case that adds minimal bulk to the Kindle.
- Integrated light is built-in; doesn't get in the way
- No need to recharge light as it works of the KT battery.

Those that hate them:
- Want a 'plush' case with a more luxurious feel. The case is a hard case with a thin skin of leather and they want a case that has a thicker, softer cover.
- The light shines in your eyes. The light points across the page, not down at the page. As a result it can shine in your eyes.
- It (and any case) on the KT covers the speakers and makes it difficult to hear text-to-speech.
I don't hate mine, have one for the K4 NT, but what I greatly dislike about it and why I'm not using it right now is that the leather is too slick/slippery. I have to really be careful when picking my kindle up that it won't slip through my fingers. That, and that it doesn't have anything to keep it closed. But otherwise it was a nice little cover with a decent light. Now if they release them in a bit nicer colors (have the olive and it's yuck) and with some texture to the leather which would make it less slick I think I would definitely buy it for my Touch.

Still wonder why they never released the bright yellow and orange that could be seen on pics of the Live event that introduced the new kindles.
dax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #12
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Mine is OK, no major cons but a small area on the right downside area. I always need to redirect the normal light to this area when I´m with my eyes a bit tired. Just a small twist on LED.
But, by all means, it´s a lot better than the previous K3 cover.
The high point is the size, you barely notice the difference with/without cover. and, on the same level, its back has the same shape as the KT adding just a few millimeters in all.
ANd if you forget to turnoff it, just closing the ebook, bingo, the LED turns off and in the right position.
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote