Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-25-2007, 06:26 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iRex inks EUR 6 million in funding, tries out blog

Netherlands-based Philips spin-off iRex Technologies is getting a new cash injection worth EUR 6 million to continue developing next-generation e-book readers.

"This new funding brings in the opportunity to support our ambitious growth plans. The E-reader market is moving rapidly, with global sales doubling annually. Our product has been recognized as the best on the market and we intend to extend our lead by investing significant resources in developing an even more powerful next generation of E-readers," said Hans Brons, CEO of iRex Technologies.

Also, iRex has jumped on the blogging bandwagon by launching their own corporate blog which could help the company to approach current and potential customers in a more chatty, open and casual way. I.e. let's cut the B2B talk.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
6 Million Euros? That's a pretty big chunk of change for a small company. Let's hope they use it to develop a really cool next generation reader and.....keep the costs down.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I hope they will give us another great device, including all the things we now miss on the iLiad and even more.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
DeGodefroi
Zealot
DeGodefroi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite (had Illiad)
yup..
If they create a next Iliad version that is really better..I will buy it!
Do you HeAr that Irex? Go and work on making a better version AND ofcourse keep developing and improving the software for the current iliad.
With the money you should be able to hire a few good peeps.
Go Irex! go!
DeGodefroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
6 Million Euros? That's a pretty big chunk of change for a small company. Let's hope they use it to develop a really cool next generation reader and.....keep the costs down.
Yeah, and hire some really good software developers, like, well, me

Aenea
Aenea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
Yeah, and hire some really good software developers, like, well, me

Aenea
Apply here : http://www.irextechnologies.com/about/jobs
Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 AM   #7
Aenea
Zealot
Aenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a TexanAenea might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
Matthijs already has my CV for 2 weeks and it wasn't even my idea Biggest problem: it's quite far from where I live...

Aenea
Old 09-26-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
The GreatGonzo
Old Yeller
The GreatGonzo is on a distinguished road

Device: Iliad & Kindle - The Best of Both Worlds
Quote:
Biggest problem: it's quite far from where I live...
Aenea
This is still a problem these days?

I would have hoped that, what with computer and internet connectivity better than ever, almost nobody in software development would actually have to drive to the office anymore. Is this not the case?

I thought all the kids worked on their laptops while sipping Starbucks mocha and then just uploaded their work ... Just shows you how out of touch I am.
The GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I work for M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, I now live in Jackson, Tennessee. ~730 miles apart, for those who aren't familiar with the geography.

It's working out pretty well so far.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I live about 2km from where I work...and I already find that quite far...but probably because I have to walk there and back again twice (almost) every day carrying my violin case on my back...^^
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Be glad you don't play the Cello?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:51 PM   #12
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
When I worked for Sun Microsystems, I was able to work from home. There was an office within 50 km, but my manager and the rest of my team were 2-5000 km away. Now I do IT work for a university and I have to drive in. (No public transportation in my neighborhood.) I'm trying to work my way up to biking in, since it's only about 11km, but this is a very hilly region, and I'm out of shape.

Some employers seem to be fine with remote employees. Others don't seem to quite grasp the idea yet.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #13
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Matthijs already has my CV for 2 weeks and it wasn't even my idea Biggest problem: it's quite far from where I live...

Aenea
@Aenea

Funny, when you said you didn't have a job I was about to suggest you should work for irex.
That would be great, and irex could easily be flexible with their telecommuting policy.

Hope you get the job.
Even if it means you won't have time for "special projects"...
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #14
Aenea
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKeeper View Post
@Aenea

Funny, when you said you didn't have a job I was about to suggest you should work for irex.
That would be great, and irex could easily be flexible with their telecommuting policy.

Hope you get the job.
Even if it means you won't have time for "special projects"...
Well, Matthijs has my CV, but has anyone of you seen him since september 10, anywhere? His last message here is from the 6th (private) and on iRex forum 10th around 8am, after that, nothing, strange, he must have been quite busy with 2.11 I guess!!

Well, if I could work at home (for most of the time) I really would make more of an effort actually Also, I'm a very slow starter in the morning and work best at night, some employers don't like that as well or just don't understand. eg. former employer was okay with me working at night, but after being up all night, finishing a project in time they had this really annoying habit of asking me to start work on another project and got mad when I said "no, got to get some sleep now"... You can't have it both ways guys!

Ah well...

Aenea

PS. I'm actually having lots of fun hacking around now on the iLiad and ehrm, other devices (well, at the mo, only the iLiad though...)
Old 09-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #15
tribble
iLiad Maniac

Matthiks is on a very well deserved vacation