Notices

Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 AM   #61
Ebook lover
NUUT, Cybook Device
Ebook lover began at the beginning.

Device: O2
Smile What is this for?

Hi guys,

Could anyone explain to me what this Mobi2Mobi is for?

thanks
Ebook lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #62
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebook lover View Post
Could anyone explain to me what this Mobi2Mobi is for?
mobi2mobi is one program in MobiPerl and it is used to manipulate meta data in a MobiPocket file. It can also be used to manipulate the images that are save in the MobiPocket file. "Mobi2Mobi GUI" is a GUI to mobi2mobi.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2008, 09:08 AM   #63
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
You can probably test that by doing "mobi2mobi --savecover cover --savethumb thumb file.mobi" and see if the cover and thunb files are saved. They will only be saved if the file is a real MobiPocket file where the cover and thumb has been set in the correct way.
The original file has no picture so I could not test it. When I added the cover (selecting all three option) it dit not show up in mobireader. When I used mobi2mobi with --savethumb, the correct thumbfile was saved. So it was in the correct format. Just to be sure I used this file as input for a second run with a new cover. No luck
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:34 AM   #64
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
The original file has no picture so I could not test it. When I added the cover (selecting all three option) it dit not show up in mobireader. When I used mobi2mobi with --savethumb, the correct thumbfile was saved. So it was in the correct format. Just to be sure I used this file as input for a second run with a new cover. No luck
So you did not see it in the "library" view? In the book it seems it starts inside the book so you have to go back to see the cover image.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #65
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

It is not visible in the "Library View". When I open it I start at the first page of the book. Going 'back' does not help.

If you want I can send you the files so you can have a look.

Last edited by Ortep; 03-14-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Advert
Old 03-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #66
Ebook lover
NUUT, Cybook Device
Ebook lover began at the beginning.

Device: O2
thank you tompe!!
Ebook lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #67
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Mobi2Mobi GUI v0.09 Released

Made alot of changes to the internal programming of the GUI to make it more generic for potential future support of other Mobiperl tools.

Changed the way data was parsed from the PRC/MOBI files and hopefully the GUI should be a little quicker when opening files and populating field information.

As always please let me know if you have any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v009.zip (12.1 KB, 1183 views)
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:35 AM   #68
Ortep
Fanatic

I just tested it on my XP machine. It starts, it let me choose the mobi2mobi directory, the ebook directory and the file. But as soon as i choose a file it stops. I let it run for about 20 minutes, but nothing happened. I had to kill it with the task manager. The processes I see are the Mobi2MobiGUI, using no CPU at al, but I also see two mobi2mobi processes. One of them is only 1400 K, also doing nothing, the other uses 14500K and is using 50% of my CPU.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #69
Ortep
Fanatic

I did some extra testing. It seems that even the old versions are ot working anymore. Ik looks like the problem is on my machine. Tonight I will test it on the Vista system.

Ok, I did the test on Vista...here it seems to work OK. I don't know waht changed on my XP system. It is not my own that computer so I cannot do everything I like

Last edited by Ortep; 03-20-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Extra testing
Old 03-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #70
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I just tested it on my XP machine. It starts, it let me choose the mobi2mobi directory, the ebook directory and the file. But as soon as i choose a file it stops. I let it run for about 20 minutes, but nothing happened. I had to kill it with the task manager. The processes I see are the Mobi2MobiGUI, using no CPU at al, but I also see two mobi2mobi processes. One of them is only 1400 K, also doing nothing, the other uses 14500K and is using 50% of my CPU.
Same symptoms here.

On my PC, seems to be a problem with the windows mobiperl binary -- it hangs even when run by itself. The perl version runs fine -- but is of no use with this GUI.

Last edited by bwaldron; 03-22-2008 at 02:31 PM.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #71
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaldron View Post
Same symptoms here.

On my PC, seems to be a problem with the windows mobiperl binary -- it hangs even when run by itself. The perl version runs fine -- but is of no use with this GUI.
The GUI ought to be configurable with respect to what binary to use so that the Perl program can be used.

I will not debug the Windows version problem since it probably is impossible to to without recreating the problem. If somebody else find out what the problem is I will fix mobi2mobi. You run "mobi2mobi file.mobi" and it hangs? Or do you have to give some specific flags for it to hang?
Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 AM   #72
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The GUI ought to be configurable with respect to what binary to use so that the Perl program can be used.

I will not debug the Windows version problem since it probably is impossible to to without recreating the problem. If somebody else find out what the problem is I will fix mobi2mobi. You run "mobi2mobi file.mobi" and it hangs? Or do you have to give some specific flags for it to hang?
Yep, if I run the .exe file it hangs. No specific flags necessary.

I generally run the mobiperl programs via the perl interpreter; I only tried the compiled binaries to check out the GUI (I was using mobi2mobi a lot to fix a lot of files that showed up incorrectly on my new Cybook).

I just tried mobi2html.exe and got a hang as well -- there is apparently something that my system does not like about the compiled versions of the mobiperl programs.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:09 PM   #73
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Been a while since I released the last version of Mobi2Mobi_GUI and it seems quite a few people are giving it a go.. Just a quick check to see if anyone has encountered anymore problems or is it all just working dandy for you all.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:53 AM   #74
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Been a while since I released the last version of Mobi2Mobi_GUI and it seems quite a few people are giving it a go.. Just a quick check to see if anyone has encountered anymore problems or is it all just working dandy for you all.
At this moment I can't use it because the executable of mobi2mobi isn't working for one reason or another. Bwaldron also reported it. As far As I know the problem is not with Mobi2Mobi_GUI

Last edited by Ortep; 04-18-2008 at 03:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:12 AM   #75
Jad
Groupie

Mobi2Mobi GUI v0.10 Released

Made a quick mod to the GUI to support the PERL file directly instead of using the Win32 compiled version which seems to be causing some problems for some people.

Provided you have Perl setup exactly as described by Tommy you will only need to ensure the perl file of mobi2mobi is called mobi2mobi.pl. You just point to the directory with the file in it and tick the Use Perl tick box.

Hope this helps out some people. Let me know as usual if you have any problems.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v010.zip (12.8 KB, 1055 views)

Tags
mobi2mobi