Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #16
GreenFuzzer
GreenFuzzer began at the beginning.

Device: laptop, netbook, palm and nook tablet
Please Help with A Gift.

For Christmas 2012 I bought my husband Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7" with a 32gb microsd card. He has a huge music collection and I thought that would allow him to take all his music out in the shop with him when he is tinkering so if he wanted to listen to Johnny Cash, Ozzy, and the Beach Boys back to back he could. The joke was on me as 32gb doesn't hold it all. Thats the problem now to the question that I hope gets me to his this year gift.

We already have a couple 30 pin USB cord dongles, I know they are 2.0. Is there a size limit on the flash drive that can be used with it? Could I be crazy and get him a 128gb or even a 256gb flash drive? If using one of the hubs that also has card readers in it would I be correct that I would go by the maximum size that says it can take even if it is larger than 32gb the tablet's reader max's out at? Any brands that you prefer or that should be kept away from?

Hubby will be using this with Windows 7 either 32 bit or 64 bit both are available. Thank you for any and all advice you can give, I have to shop online as I'm disabled and rarely leave the house.
GreenFuzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:33 PM   #17
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
1) The original cable that comes with the GT 2 7" will allow you to connect to a PC via USB 2. You can also connect via KIES Air (Samsung app) to your PC via wifi.

2) For extreme external storage capacity I use a Seagate STAK-100 with two SATA bays for Seagate Goflex 2.5" drives as well as one USB 2 port for any other make of harddrive. This doc station is connected directly to my router. With my free Pogoplug account (pogoplug.com) this gives me free cloud storage to my own drives. I can access all my data from anywhere in the world via the Android app or through the Web browser. Note not that great for streaming video but you can download it to your device to play then delete it when done. It also supports Auto backup of your pictures / contacts on your device to your cloud storage. I have one 500 gig and one 750 gig drive plugged into it. One dedicated to software, ebook collection and music and the other is dedicated to photos. There are other manufacturers that create Pogoplug Docking stations. Check it out. If they don't have a client app for your OS you can still access your drives via a Web browser. One other note. For your local LAN PC's you can map your drives to them - no client software required.

Last edited by jlg432; 01-13-2014 at 07:36 PM.
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #18
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
Just a note-- if you are using the Tab 2 with Linux, then unlock the screen before plugging it in and things will go a lot smoother.

You will be able to look at the folders on the device and Calibre will be able to read/write to it.

If the screen is locked when you plug in, the computer will see the device connected, but Calibre doesn't see it and you will get errors trying to connect to the Tab 2 using a file browser.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote