Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #1
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Help

Hi, I don't know if this is in the right place or not but here goes...

Previously I've been reading books on my iPhone using Stanza. I just bought an ebook and I'm trying to convert them to mobi to use on my bebook. Problem is they are in ereader format and have a drm on them. Is there anyway to remove the drm? I found one thing, but it's windows based and I'm on a mac.

Thanks!
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The python script ereader2html.py will remove the DRM, then use Calibre to convert to your favorite format. Your Mac comes with Python, so you should be able to run the command from a terminal window. Use single quotes rather than double quotes around entries that include spaces.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
The python script ereader2html.py will remove the DRM, then use Calibre to convert to your favorite format. Your Mac comes with Python, so you should be able to run the command from a terminal window. Use single quotes rather than double quotes around entries that include spaces.
I'm stupid when it comes to technical stuff. I have terminal open, but what do I put? Seems like everything I put gets an error. I've done some searches, but they just confuse me more!
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See Ereader2Html Post #53, which is for a Windows PC but should work similarly on a Mac (but Python should already be installed, so skip that step, and "command prompt" is the terminal). Note that this post recommends you put ereader2html.py in the same directory as the .pdb ebook, this isn't the only way to access the command but it is the easiest.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please do not provide detailed help with DRM removal on MR; it is contrary to our site policy to do so.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please do not provide detailed help with DRM removal on MR; it is contrary to our site policy to do so.

Thank you.

[Moderator]
If the site does not allow detailed help, then why is the post linked still there? Personally, I see no issue linking to a post that is on the site. Since the moderators have left it there, then it's fair game.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the site does not allow detailed help, then why is the post linked still there? Personally, I see no issue linking to a post that is on the site. Since the moderators have left it there, then it's fair game.
Jon -- I haven't checked with Harry, but I didn't read his message as a criticism of what had been posted so far but as a caution not to go too far and step over the line into "too detailed help".
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:30 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Jon -- I haven't checked with Harry, but I didn't read his message as a criticism of what had been posted so far but as a caution not to go too far and step over the line into "too detailed help".
Yes, that was the intention. Sorry if that was unclear.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote