Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #16
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Bingo! Direct mind to machine interface.

Think about what could be done if they could project a "hologram" directly to your "minds eye". Bypassing the eyes, the optic nerves, etc.

Think about what worlds that would open for aged, handicapped, blind, and disabled people! Think about how "fast" and "smooth" you could suck words in.

Dangerous stuff there, but ohhhh so tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I will be very disappointed if in ten years we are still using ANY fixed display device.

The future should belong to heads-up displays projected onto the eye. The more distant future should belong to some type of more direct bioelectric interface (visual stimulation or essentially telepathy).
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:58 AM   #17
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
Reminds me of this, press-release obtained Futurama screenshot, from the next episode. (603)

http://theinfosphere.org/File:File-6...ng_Screens.jpg
(linked, might be a spoiler? Doesn't give much of anything away, though.)
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert