Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What team will win the Cup?
Portugal 5 6.02%
England 4 4.82%
Italy 2 2.41%
Netherlands 4 4.82%
Spain 11 13.25%
Germany 15 18.07%
Slovenia 2 2.41%
France 2 2.41%
Greece 0 0%
Switzerland 1 1.20%
Serbia 1 1.20%
Slovakia 0 0%
Brazil 6 7.23%
Argentinia 5 6.02%
Chile 0 0%
Paraguay 0 0%
Mexico 2 2.41%
USA 6 7.23%
Honduras 0 0%
South Africa 0 0%
Algeria 0 0%
Ivory Coast 0 0%
Ghana 1 1.20%
Cameroon 0 0%
Australia 3 3.61%
Japan 2 2.41%
North Korea 1 1.20%
South Korea 1 1.20%
New Zealand 2 2.41%
none of the above 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2010, 06:32 PM   #691
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Thank you Ravenne... Is it too early to prepare for the next Euro?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #692
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Thank you Ravenne... Is it too early to prepare for the next Euro?
Course not! As we say over here: After the game is before the game.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 05:22 AM   #693
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Congrats to Spain ! - commiserations to the Oranges.

Congrats too, to all the other worthy countries who played their part....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #694
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Thank you, thank you!!!

We are the champions!!

It was about time!

I think we deserved to win the final match. I don't now what you think, but if I were from Holland I would be very angry with the coach (don't remember his name). Holland is a great team, and it has incredible players (I suffered every time Robben had the ball). But yesterday there were periods of the match when Holland seemed a bunch of amateurs playing in the docks of Rotterdam!

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #695
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leandroide View Post
Thank you, thank you!!!

We are the champions!!

It was about time!

I think we deserved to win the final match. I don't now what you think, but if I were from Holland I would be very angry with the coach (don't remember his name). Holland is a great team, and it has incredible players (I suffered every time Robben had the ball). But yesterday there were periods of the match when Holland seemed a bunch of amateurs playing in the docks of Rotterdam!

L.
So were the Spanish players at times.

The game went well from the start until Howard Webb issued one card too many. Then every one panicked and the quality of play dropped on both sides.
Advert
Old 07-12-2010, 12:27 PM   #696
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Is it over? Did USA win???
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 PM   #697
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
Is it over? Did USA win???
yes, it's over. and yes, the US did almost win. I'm already looking forward to watching the US team play in the next WC. I bet they are getting better and better. It's just a matter of time till Europe will be afraid of them.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:05 PM   #698
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I'm already looking forward to watching the US team play in the next WC.
Only a year to wait.
I hope the preparations are going well Ravenne.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:37 PM   #699
leandroide
Zealot

Quote:
So were the Spanish players at times.

The game went well from the start until Howard Webb issued one card too many. Then every one panicked and the quality of play dropped on both sides.
Well... when I said that people from Holland should be angry with the coach was because a team like Holland is supposed to play football. Sometimes the match seemed a karate combat. There was one player from Holland (I don't remember his name) that gave a kick in the chest to stop a Spanish attack. My god, there were kids watching the match!!

I think that Spain tried to play football and Holland tried to stop it without football: with a too much violent and agressive game. If Howard Webb had done his job, Holland should have seen two red cards in the first 45 minutes. It was just the opposite with Germany: in the Spain vs Germany match both teams tried to play football. No yellow cards and only six or seven faults.

I think that Spain deserved to win. It played football and without stars: a great collective work.

L.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #700
leandroide
Zealot

This is the spirit of the Spanish team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXrQ_GoMMt4

Some info: this pretty reporter is the girlfriend of Casillas!

Last edited by leandroide; 07-12-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:24 PM   #701
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Well... when I said that people from Holland should be angry with the coach was because a team like Holland is supposed to play football. Sometimes the match seemed a karate combat. There was one player from Holland (I don't remember his name) that gave a kick in the chest to stop a Spanish attack. My god, there were kids watching the match!!

I think that Spain tried to play football and Holland tried to stop it without football: with a too much violent and agressive game. If Howard Webb had done his job, Holland should have seen two red cards in the first 45 minutes. It was just the opposite with Germany: in the Spain vs Germany match both teams tried to play football. No yellow cards and only six or seven faults.

I think that Spain deserved to win. It played football and without stars: a great collective work.

L.
Oh, yes, Alonso really got a breath stopper there. When it happened, everyone in the room let go a yelp. Same thing when Iniesta got side swiped.

I remember the infamous game last WC when the Netherlands played Portugal.
4 red cards and 18 yellow. It was rough, really rough, a cross between football and rugby. It was a card record.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 AM   #702
leandroide
Zealot

Quote:
Oh, yes, Alonso really got a breath stopper there. When it happened, everyone in the room let go a yelp. Same thing when Iniesta got side swiped.

I remember the infamous game last WC when the Netherlands played Portugal.
4 red cards and 18 yellow. It was rough, really rough, a cross between football and rugby. It was a card record.

Yes... that's exactly what I meant.

Even Johan Cruyff said that Holland football was dirty!
Old 07-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #703
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

It would be interesting if a team gets too many cards from players that the team itself get a red card an forfeit the next match...
Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 AM   #704
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Yes... that's exactly what I meant.

Even Johan Cruyff said that Holland football was dirty!
First, it's the Netherlands, not Holland, second, it's Dutch, not Holland. Your sentence doesn't make any sense. It's saying: "Even the whole world agrees that the Spain goal shouldn't have been made because it was a corner."

Sorry, can't stand it when people say Holland when they mean the whole country. It's like saying Andalusia won the WC...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #705
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Questions: how are the individual Netherlands named? and where are the Upperlands?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fifa world cup. soccer, vote usa!!!