Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up The House of Jacquarelle is now available on the SJB

The House of Jacquarelle (the Kestral Voyages) is now available on SteveJordanBooks.com:

The industry-controlling planetary governments of Lyrae Two and Lyrae Six have been enmeshed in corporate espionage for years, but it's beginning to escalate to dangerous levels. Carolyn Kestral and the crew of the Mary, as well as Coray Gheris of the Jovian Skies, get caught in the crossfire... and in the process, discover a shocking secret about one of their own!

Your favorite freighter captain is back, hauling goods, kicking a$$, and making the Galarchy safe one planet at a time! (Actually, in this case, two at a time... but who's counting?) This third in the series features the entire crew of the Mary, plus Captain Gheris and the crew of the Jovian Skies, and some new faces... some of whom might stick around!

In addition to background material and excerpts, the full novel is available for a great low price, in multiple formats and (say it with feeling!) DRM-free. Get your copy now, while the electrons are hot!

Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Sweet! Of course being in the deals/freebees section I am surprised you don't specify the deal?

BOb
Old 03-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh. Did I not mention that the DRM-free books are only $1.99? Terribly sorry!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Congratulations on the new book.

Certainly sir you must have missed a "1" on the front of that price. The combined brain power of the Amazon and Apple sales agencies are not able to perform an electronic sale and e-book download for less then $4.20. How is it possible that you can sell the entire e-book for less then half of that?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

How? Because I'm in-saaane!!

Seriously: Amazon and Apple are pinning a lot of hope on making it big as resellers, but are also heading into too-Draconian realms as they try to out-compete each other. I predict a lot more pubs and authors will get tired of it all, and eventually see that going direct-sale makes more sense than losing more than half their profits to Amazon, Apple, and other similar stores. I only pocket 15% of the sale going through Amazon... I make more money off of 1 direct sale than 5 Amazon sales. (And because I'm a little guy, I don't see that many through Amazon.)

All that is needed (he said, rolling his eyes) is a good and popular portal or three promoting e-books, and earning their incomes from traffic as opposed to sales, to put indie authors and publishers on a more equal footing. If that happened, even Amazon and Apple may discover that in terms of e-books, their services are no longer required...
Old 03-22-2010, 09:53 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Do you have an E-Mail it to my Kindle feature on your Web site yet?

BOb
Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

No: The buyer selects the e-mail address they want to have the book sent to, when they purchase it. Why won't that work for the Kindle?

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 03-22-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Congrats on the new addition to the Kestral family, Steve. I've just bagged it and placed it at the top of my TBR list.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 AM   #9
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Got it and congrats on the new book!

While the special introductory price of $1.99 is highly appreciated, I worry the price will go too low. My motives are selfish: Steve makes money selling e-books, he writes more books, and I get to read them!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLMines View Post
Got it and congrats on the new book!

While the special introductory price of $1.99 is highly appreciated, I worry the price will go too low. My motives are selfish: Steve makes money selling e-books, he writes more books, and I get to read them!
Well, things could always change... so, just in case, you'd better tell everyone you know to buy my books now, while they're cheap!

(I have selfish motives, too.)
Old 03-24-2010, 02:03 AM   #11
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Steve, I've been waiting SO LONG for another Kestral story. It's eons since I read the second one.

Thank you for the House of Jacquarelle (the Kestral Voyages). I'll be purchasing it on the weekend.

Last edited by cbell; 03-25-2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Edited so Steve doesn't appear sarcastic
Old 03-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Yay Yay Yay!
Closed Thread

Tags
e-books, kestral, steve jordan, stevejordanbooks.com