Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
Different screens than PRS-505?

Hi there, new user, been lurking a bit, had my PRS-505 for a while now and enjoying it quite a bit.

I don't know whether I am the only one to find the white background a bit too gray. I find that I need a good source of light to get a nice clear display. But it could very well be my eyes.

Does anyone know if the eInk on the new models is any different than the old ones? A bit whiter? Googling around for it came up bubkes. But I see that one can still get about $200 for a 505 on eBay, so this might be a good time to upgrade.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
you got the best one at this time, but in future they probably will come out with better ones with whiter background and blacker print.

Some of the features are different on the different models , but none of them are BETTER than the 505 from screen standpoint. But who knows, maybe next year they will make a breakthrough tech that will take it to new level.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
fafaforza
Zealot
fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.fafaforza is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Aura ONE
That's what I figure. Every reader depends on eInk.

I also noticed that fonts from PDFs converted with pdf2lrf look much darker and substantial (even though the font size is smaller) than purchased LRF books and calibre rss feeds, so maybe it's also a fonts issue.
fafaforza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
oh , yeah, I should probably say that I have hacked my 505 and put on it a much bolder and blacker font that kicks butt.
If you haven't hacked your 505 yet then you can improve it!
It's pretty easy just go to hack 505 forum or do a search here on hack 505 and you will find the info.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141

p.s. at this point only the 505 is hackable the 300 and 600 is not hackable , so you got the right one if you want to improve the font and do other cool stuff on it. Good luck

Last edited by richman; 09-28-2009 at 07:33 PM.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote