Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

View Poll Results: What is still missing in our Community?
Scripting Section (Perl, php,..) 8 18.18%
eBook Reader Software Section 8 18.18%
eBook Reader Hardware Section 0 0%
eBook Section (free, pay) 16 36.36%
Wap/I-mode/Wireless Section 6 13.64%
Something else... (see my post) 6 13.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2003, 05:05 AM   #31
qBb
qBb began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Do you know of a way to support WCC on symbian-operated phone/pdas? Particularly Sony Ericssons? I know someone who's upgraded from palm to an all-singing all-dancing phone and who is having similar news channel withdrawal symptoms. Also on a Mac.
qBb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 06:11 PM   #32
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Well the only thing I can think of is that you use WCC with iSiloX as a huge database for browseable mobile links. In iSiloX, you can fetch the url of each site and use that url for your symbian phone.

Btw, you can vote for which handheld/phone Darren should support iSilo in future, here:

http://www.isilo.com/Survey/PlatformSurvey.mv

Greets!
Alex
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2003, 03:47 AM   #33
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
I would like a general discusson added

Hey,

I would like a general palm/pocket pc topic. I would post their quite frequently. Maybe not even go to www.visorcentral.com.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2003, 08:19 AM   #34
Saud
Connoisseur
Saud began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus, Iphone 3G, Blackberry 9000
Quote:
Originally posted by qBb
Do you know of a way to support WCC on symbian-operated phone/pdas? Particularly Sony Ericssons? I know someone who's upgraded from palm to an all-singing all-dancing phone and who is having similar news channel withdrawal symptoms. Also on a Mac.

How about Mobipocket? it has a nice enews section

I know there is no support for having custom channels... im not a coder.... but I have created my own custom enews channels.. I can create custom direct enews (not scripted, thats something I did not perfect yet) ..

if you have couple of favourites.. i can help out

regards
Saud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 09:34 PM   #35
Hammer
Hammer began at the beginning.

Device: TT
i think for the moment its fine. let the forum settle down a bit b4 the next range of changes
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2003, 02:46 AM   #36
qBb
qBb began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Thanks Saud - I was asking on behalf of my partner, who was given the phone, that's how I got the Tungsten I'll pass on your suggestion - thanks again.
qBb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:39 PM   #37
KenpoJudge
KenpoJudge began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70V/U
Images

Would it be possible to create a document containing screenshots of documents which have been investigated and configured for iSilo?
KenpoJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 08:03 PM   #38
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Re: Images

Quote:
Originally posted by KenpoJudge
Would it be possible to create a document containing screenshots of documents which have been investigated and configured for iSilo?
Sounds like an excellent idea - but also requires some work. Would you be willing to help?

Cheers!
Alex
Old 07-13-2003, 12:50 PM   #39
KenpoJudge

Re: Re: Images

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander
Sounds like an excellent idea - but also requires some work. Would you be willing to help?
Actually, that was a good motivation for me to finally set up the Palm Simulator...

I realize that creating images for the existing sites will take a long time, but it might be nice for new submissions. I'll be happy to help anyone who needs to know how to get screenshots.

The ones attached to this message took about 5 minutes (including install of the Simulators!)

Old 07-13-2003, 01:33 PM   #40
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Very beautiful screenshots indeed

Few weeks ago I started going over the current WCC list (v1.10) to remove the dead links, to fix broken links, and to add new ones. Unfortunately (well, fortunately for me), my vacation came into the way. I suggest that as soon as the new WCC list is out, we can think of how to organize some people to create the screenshots.

Btw, I suggest you upload the screenshots using the attach file function of this forum. This way we can ensure the images will remain intact in case you change the current image location.
Old 07-13-2003, 03:08 PM   #41
KenpoJudge

Quote:
Very beautiful screenshots indeed
Btw, I suggest you upload the screenshots using the attach file function of this forum. This way we can ensure the images will remain intact in case you change the current image location.
Well, how would I post two screenshots in one message that way?

Those images will be around for a very long time - don't worry.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:44 AM   #42
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Re: Re: Re: Images

Quote:
Originally posted by KenpoJudge
Actually, that was a good motivation for me to finally set up the Palm Simulator...

I realize that creating images for the existing sites will take a long time, but it might be nice for new submissions. I'll be happy to help anyone who needs to know how to get screenshots.

The ones attached to this message took about 5 minutes (including install of the Simulators!)
Where did you get the simulator for the Clie? I used to use one for my Palm so I can get an idea if something will work or not on the palm before I install it. But since I got a Clie, I have not found where I can get one.

Thanks in advance.
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 07:18 AM   #43
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Not sure if KenpoJudge used this one, but you can get a Clie Simulator from here.
Old 07-14-2003, 07:34 AM   #44
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Alexander, you are too cool. Thanks a million. I have been looking for this for a while.

Thank you.
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 01:43 PM   #45
JSRunnels
Enthusiast
JSRunnels has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung SPHI-300
Quote:
You can try to download the Archive, or just the New Links section of it, with iSiloX in the meantime. It requires some cookie settings though. If you like I can post instruction for that.

I would definately be intersted in having this...

Thanks.
Jessica
JSRunnels is offline   Reply With Quote