Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 09:22 PM   #1
papa4ahe
papa4ahe began at the beginning.

Device: Sony reader
eReader html to lrf problem

I have installed eReader with Python26 and successfully converted a book from Fictionwise. So in the scripts file, I find book.html after conversion which I assume is the result of the conversion. Now, I tried to use Calibre to change to lrf for my Sony reader but it hangs up every time. Finally I just expanded it in MS explorer, copied it to Word and saved it as html and then ran it through Calibre successfully. Why didn't it work straight from the eReader conversion? Is there something I missed? Thanks for your help.
papa4ahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
Ali Smith
Ali Smith began at the beginning.

Device: sony
I've had problems converting ereader books too. Previously I always bought lit books and converted it without a problem. I just recently bought some in ereader format and have been having some trouble converting. While Cailbre does load the book it takes a long while so it takes few minutes or even longer to load the book. I thought the first time that Calibre had stopped but when I looked at the task manager it was working. Maybe yours is doing that.

The problem I have is the output. The format for the lrf has the last line in the paragraph in the book formatted wrong. The beginning of the book the last line in a paragraph is right formatted. In the middle of the book it switches to center format and the last chapter it is formatted correctly, left formatted. Does anyone know how to fix this or do I have to keep converting html to a different format.
Ali Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papa4ahe View Post
I have installed eReader with Python26 and successfully converted a book from Fictionwise. So in the scripts file, I find book.html after conversion which I assume is the result of the conversion. Now, I tried to use Calibre to change to lrf for my Sony reader but it hangs up every time. Finally I just expanded it in MS explorer, copied it to Word and saved it as html and then ran it through Calibre successfully. Why didn't it work straight from the eReader conversion? Is there something I missed? Thanks for your help.
Did you compare your first html file with the second one you saved to see if there were differences that were obvious?

You might also consider posting your thread on the calibre forum so that there will be better chances that more people who are familiar with calibre can help you.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote