Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #16
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I went ahead and bought the book.

I now need someone to blame. --- Who's going to come forth?!!!
Not me.
You talked *me* into getting it.
That and the review scores.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #17
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I bought it from Kobo for 4.99 with a coupon, and I just looked and it's now 9.99 at Kobo! By the way it's Katsunami's fault I bought it - it was posted in the deals section. I'm currently reading it and it's worth the price I paid.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #18
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The price at Amazon might be a mistake - the book description has this: " Individually, the complete series costs $20, making the collected edition a 50% savings."
Old 02-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #19
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Nope, sounds right. 77p in UK so I bought it, less than the price of a cup of coffee and should last longer. Heck, at that price it's worth a try.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #20
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I bought it from Kobo for 4.99 with a coupon, and I just looked and it's now 9.99 at Kobo! By the way it's Katsunami's fault I bought it - it was posted in the deals section. I'm currently reading it and it's worth the price I paid.
Hey! I got punished for that by having to buy an omnibus Dr. Drib posted in another thread. We'll just have to make Dr. Drib buy any Delphi Classic he doesn't have yet to compensate.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2014, 03:30 PM   #21
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Hey! I got punished for that by having to buy an omnibus Dr. Drib posted in another thread. We'll just have to make Dr. Drib buy any Delphi Classic he doesn't have yet to compensate.
Yeah, but he benefited by getting this book for $0.99 so there needs to be a bigger penalty.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #22
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Yeah, but he benefited by getting this book for $0.99 so there needs to be a bigger penalty.
Hm, yeah. He caused me to go and buy a book for full price (I'll omit the Kobo coupon for convenience's sake, and to make this look more gruesome), and then he bought the one *I* posted for just 20% of my posting price, which was *already* a deal. Now he got 5 books for $0.25 each, which is just even *more* ridiculous than the $1 we've paid.

That's not very nice. He should have waited until the book I posted was back up to $9.99, so you and I wouldn't need to feel ripped off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Not me.
You talked *me* into getting it.
That and the review scores.
And he did it to poor fjtorres too. This is going too far. I don't care too much about paying a bit more, but having a roaming moderator causing book buying seduction and subsequent bank account destruction is completely unacceptable.

Should we ask the other mods to ban him from the Deals Forum for a month, so he'll pay way too much for everything?

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-23-2014 at 03:45 PM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:29 PM   #23
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I wish authors and or publisher would play more with the prices. There are some books I would like to buy but they are overpriced. Twice what most other books in the young adult genre are selling for. Don't get me wrong, they are good books, but not twice as good as what I bought instead. They are not selling so most other potential customers are of the same opinion. Their Amazon sales ranking for her books range between 200,000 and 350,000. Dismal. Don't the publishers even look at the sales data?
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #24
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
I don't mind Indie authors experimenting with the price. We need them to make a living

I do mind paying geo-penalties to publishers for no good reason. Example from five minutes ago: 'All the President's Men' at Amazon $12 for Americans, $17 for me ( Canadian with a US Amazon account). But authors trying to make a living, no problem.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 06:58 AM   #25
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
I do mind paying geo-penalties to publishers for no good reason. Example from five minutes ago: 'All the President's Men' at Amazon $12 for Americans, $17 for me ( Canadian with a US Amazon account). But authors trying to make a living, no problem.
When Amazon first set up the Canadian store there seemed to often be a difference in price for Canadians buying from the US store, and from the Canadian store. Usually, buying from the US was cheaper. That appears to have changed. All the President's Men" is $16.99 CAD at amazon.ca. Given the exchange rate, that means it costs less money buying it from the Canadian Amazon, for this book at least.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post

Ack!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote