Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Wow I didn't know Kobo did this!

So the other day I got a hankering to read Dracula by Bram Stoker and I checked the Kobo store but I couldn't find any free versions. So I went to the Gutenberg website on my ipad and downloaded the book and was given the option to open it up with my Kobo app. That's all well and good of course but since doing that I've found that I've also got Dracula on my phone and on my Aura. And after reading it on my Aura it actually synced to the correct page on my phone! That's unbelievable. I had no idea that Kobo would sync books that you did not buy from them. I knew Amazon had an email to device option that you could use but I didn't realize that Kobo essentially has the same thing (better actually!)
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
There is a free copy of Dracula at Kobo and it's from Gutenberg. I wonder if the Kobo app "recognized" your direct download as the same book???

I'm curious, does Dracula show in your Library on the Kobo website too?
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #3
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Yes it does. Perhaps that's what Kobo has done. I was hoping that it would work with any book. Too bad.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
.....or visit our Library, here at MobileRead, for your copy of "Dracula":

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171803

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
paxmark1
Enthusiast
paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.paxmark1 can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo
Actually DP is in process of running a better copy through the rounds. This one will have italicization, etc. I formatted on it a not too long time ago. If it is in PP you might be able to download the zipped text file with the DP formatting and run it through calibre, or if you prefer a higher quality product, convert to .html and edit it via Sigil. Note: book mentioned above is a mobi, but .epubs are available on site library
paxmark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert