Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
Clovis99
Clovis99 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST1
Hierarchy problem

Hello!
I try to make a hierarchical custom column In Calibre 1.13.0. I think I have followed instructions given in "http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/sub_groups.html".
1) No problem to create custom column.
2) After restarting Calibre, my column is already known as hierarchical.
3) Entering value for a given book.
4) Final column appearance.
I obtain a column displaying "Computer.Programming.Languages" as such: no tree! I did a complete Calibre installation from scratch (even my libraries were deleted from my hard disc): same result!
As I see on forum, most users have no problem...
Please help me
I use a Mac intel on OS 10.7.8
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ColumnCreation.png
Views:	273
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	115984   Click image for larger version

Name:	MakeHierarchical.png
Views:	267
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	115985   Click image for larger version

Name:	DefineKindContent.png
Views:	268
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	115986   Click image for larger version

Name:	KindColum.png
Views:	260
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	115987  
Clovis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
According to the way I have a hierarchical column set up

In the "Create a custom column" dialog, the lookup name should be "kind", not "#kind"

And in Preferences->Look and Feel->Tag browser, "Categories with hierarchical items" should be "#kind", not #genre.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Good catch there Section8
You do not PUT the hashmark in when creating columns

You do use the hashmark everywhere ELSE
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Deleted...
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Clovis99

Thanks a lot for answering so quickly.
I have put to the trash all things related to Calibre, re-installed it and proceed as you tell.
I have the same result: no hierarchy!
Sorry to disturb you once more.
Advert
Old 11-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The hierarchy tree is only visible in the tag browser to the left. And to make it look like a tree you need more branches. More books with different classifications.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Clovis99

I just try to apply your directives. Here is what I obtain :
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-12-01 at 14.39.57.png
Views:	267
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	116051  
Old 12-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #8
glos
Zealot
glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
the tag browser on the left, like this, isn't displaying it?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Schermata 2013-12-01 a 17.52.51.png
Views:	253
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	116055  
glos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
Adoby
Handy Elephant

That is just as it should be. Looks fine.

You can now navigate the tree Kind you find in the tag browser to the left of the main database view.

Edit: What glos said...
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #10
Clovis99

I just hope to have result glos obtains, but I haven't! I got what I showed in my previous message.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #11
Adoby
Handy Elephant

What you showed was just as it is supposed to be. The tree is in the tag browser to the left, and you didn't show the tag browser.

Perhaps you can't see it? Like glos showed? Then it is minimized. You can use the mouse near the left edge to catch the border of the tag browser and expand it by dragging the border of the tag browser to the right.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
You can use the mouse near the left edge to catch the border of the tag browser and expand it by dragging the border of the tag browser to the right.
Or press shift/alt/T on the keyboard, or click the 'luggage tag' at the right side of the status line at the bottom of the calibre window.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #13
Clovis99

Thumbs up

Hello everybody,

I apologize for all that! I didn't understand my tag browser could be hidden!
Thanks for help!

Tags
error, hierachical column, mac