Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #1
ereaders
Enthusiast
ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2
Mirasol eReader

A color ereader. I have heard that it might be better than e-ink !
Currently, the ereader is only available in South Korea.
ereaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've read news about one before, but honestly, I don't really care if my ereader ever has color or not. In fact, I'd probably buy one without color if given the choice. I use it to read, period, and color doesn't improve that for me at all. Yes, covers might display better, but how much time do you spend looking at the cover?

Last edited by Ripplinger; 04-14-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 AM   #3
ereaders
Enthusiast
ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaders View Post
Good review
http://youtu.be/iB1ZmKFGBpk

Last edited by ereaders; 04-14-2013 at 01:09 AM.
ereaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
No interest here at the moment in a colour e-reader, either. My e-reader is for reading text. I have a tablet for colour graphic novels and such.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaders View Post
Mirasol has promise, but the current displays offer a very poor viewing angle, and require a front light. It seemed very promising, but has yet to deliver.

The Kyobo Mirasol eReader was discontinued mid-2012.

A MobileRead member gets one in 2011

Introduced in November 2011
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I've read news about one before, but honestly, I don't really care if my ereader ever has color or not. In fact, I'd probably buy one without color if given the choice. I use it to read, period, and color doesn't improve that for me at all. Yes, covers might display better, but how much time do you spend looking at the cover?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
No interest here at the moment in a colour e-reader, either. My e-reader is for reading text. I have a tablet for colour graphic novels and such.
Agreed. I don't need color in my ereader.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Agreed. I don't need color in my ereader.
I'd love colour in my ereader, if it didn't impact on B&W contrast & resolution, and if power consumption was similar.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I would use anything that provided a great screen whether color or b&w. I have seen information about a Mirasol release ever since I have been a member of MobileRead and it has never come to pass in being a mass-produced reader. So, I am not holding out any hope whether this could be one or not.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Color would be good for comics, nature (bird or animal identification), scientific or technical illustration, etc. But for mainstream "reading" my monochrome ereader is more than adequate.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote