Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #151
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
I couldn't resist trying the one with the flap, so ordered one from that EBay seller as well and received it today. Magnet on the closure strap is very weak, as you say. I had thought perhaps with the cover folded all the way back the strap would hold it in place, but that's not the case. Other than the strap and the lack of kindle on the front and inside cover, it appears to me to be identical to the one from Hong Kong we've been discussing. Mine is black. Haven't shaved/pared it yet or put the PW into it. It appears to close fine, though.

Still have not received the second one I ordered from China for a gift, but tracking now shows it's in the US. Shipped on Nov. 29th.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #152
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
...but that is what it is supposed to do. I can open the cover without opening the flap first.
Good point! I didn't even think of that. Who needs an extra step, right?
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #153
Padde
Padde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
The cover I ordered just 3 days ago from ebay (post#27, or here) arrived today per usps. They originally said it would be here dec 22-27. So for a speedy delivery. The cover is beautiful, love the color. I made a few pictures with side by side of the official Royal Purple cover. As you can see, the brown cover has a significant smaller footprint (hope it shows enough in the pictures), weighs only 2/3 - the Amazon cover weighs in at approx 150 grams, while the brown one is about 100 grams. Without the device in it, only the Amazon cover shuts correctly, as in the other cover you need to have the PW, as there will be gaps all around sort of. The color I ordered is Coffee, and it is a really nice dark brown, but very far away from beeing black. I am glad I did not order the lighter brown - this one is perfect for me The Amazon one is perfect too, but for my wife.
for the pictures! I really like the "coffee" color. Ordered mine today
if everything goes well it should arrive shortly after my KPW
Padde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:05 AM   #154
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padde View Post
for the pictures! I really like the "coffee" color. Ordered mine today
if everything goes well it should arrive shortly after my KPW
Glad I could help. I am waiting on my two PWs myself, just ordered them yesterday - they won't be delivered until the 24th

And a note to the color:
Quote:
Kaffe, Tee and Kuchen,
Meinen Kindle muss ich suchen!
It is a good thing that the color "coffee" is not black like ground beans ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #155
alexjj
alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexjj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm very tempted with this case.

I ordered the official amazon case and have been very disappointed with it. Mainly the huge amount of weight it adds to the PW, but also the leather feels fake and like plastic.

Although I can't decide if I'd rather just have a sleeve to keep it protected in a bag and read it bare...
alexjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #156
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjj View Post
I'm very tempted with this case.

I ordered the official amazon case and have been very disappointed with it. Mainly the huge amount of weight it adds to the PW, but also the leather feels fake and like plastic.

Although I can't decide if I'd rather just have a sleeve to keep it protected in a bag and read it bare...
If you don't mind having to put it in the sleeve and out every time you are going to read, then go ahead and skip the cover. They are mainly only for good looks and convenience. Even with a cover / sleeve yu have to be extra careful not to drop your reader as the screen is very fragile. Probably moreso than a phone screen or tablet screen. It will also depend on how long your reading sessions are going to be. Meaning that if you sneak a minute or two reading in while waiting on something, then a cover has the big advantage of waking your Paperwhite and putting it to sleep simply by opening the cover (most aftermarket cases have that magnet now). YMMV
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #157
kzod
kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW
Anyone find a slim case that works as a stand? The best I can find is something like http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Leath...perwhite+stand

Has a magnetic closure so might be a smart case. The price is right, but the look is blah.
kzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #158
Tabatha
Groupie
Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tabatha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KTouch-PW-WIFI Galaxy Tablet 7 Plus 32gb Galaxy Player 5.0-4.2
I use a folding plate stand purchased from xmas tree shops or any craft store. .50=$1, easy to carry about in purse. Don't like any case that covers edges of reader/tablet as I use skins to personalize.
Tabatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #159
MelissaDel
MelissaDel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I ordered the pink case( not the one with the flap closure). It came from Hong Kong in about one week from the time I placed my order. The color is beautiful, and my kindle goes in and out of the case with out any trouble. I was afraid to put it in as some people posted that it was a royal pain to get out. I took the chance and put it in and then lifted the bottom inner corner of the kindle while I used my fingernail to make some space between the plastic and the kindle. That corner popped right out and then I just lifted the other corner and lastly the top. My case closes perfectly. I think this case looks so much better than the original kindle case. I looked at it in bestbuy and even in purple though it was quite unatractive for forty bucks. Can't beat fifteen dollars shipped to your door. Im sure this case would look good in any color. Thanks to the person who suggested it.

Last edited by MelissaDel; 12-16-2012 at 04:32 PM.
MelissaDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #160
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
You're all making me jealous.. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive Nearly 3 weeks now, so it should arrive soon.. I hope.
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #161
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaDel View Post
Im sure this case would look good in any color. Thanks to the person who suggested it.
You're welcome!

I gifted a red one already along with a Paperwhite, and though it was not the desired color (she wanted white, which nobody makes in the slim design yet) my sis asolutely loves it.

Could you post a picture of the pink one? Is it very very hot pink, or less intense than on the Ebay pictures?
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #162
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Fauxpas, will definitely get to you before Christmas.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:06 PM   #163
kzod
kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kzod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW
I ordered the brown one from aliexpress. The ebay guys seem to be getting greedy. Oh well, for half the price almost I'll wait.
kzod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #164
MelissaDel
MelissaDel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I will try to post a picture tomorrow. The pink is not a bright pink. Its is more of a pinkish raspberry color. It is the best pink shade I've seen in a cover. It isn't that horrible bubblegum pink. I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the color. It looks the same in person as it does in the picture on ebay on my tablet. It is lighter and folds back much better than the original kindle cover. I even think the leather (what ever it is made of) feels and looks much better too.
MelissaDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #165
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaDel View Post
I even think the leather (what ever it is made of) feels and looks much better too.
I agree! Love the feel of the cheap one, whatever it is.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote