Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
hamling
hamling began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle - Touch
Missing Books on Calibre from Nook

Hi, My two sisters share books. One has a kindle and the other a Nook. I use Calibre to cross over the various formats. I'm very new with ebooks and Calibre. On the Kindle I see all the books as folders and can access them.

Problem: The Nook has a book (several actually), I assume are in memory because I cannot see them using Calibre (scan device memory), nor Windows file search (with show hidden files turned on), and as such I can't load the book into Calibre. Any suggestions?
As an example two books on the Nook I can't see are - The Nook User and Quick reference guides.
Thanks, Greg

p.s. I'm using Calibre 9.1 and Windows XP (SP3). The Kindle is a Touch and the Nook has a backlight with OS 1.1.5
p.s.s. I'm brand new to MobileRead so excuse me if this has been brought up before because I couldn't find it during my preliminary search.
hamling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamling View Post
Hi, My two sisters share books. One has a kindle and the other a Nook. I use Calibre to cross over the various formats. I'm very new with ebooks and Calibre. On the Kindle I see all the books as folders and can access them.

Problem: The Nook has a book (several actually), I assume are in memory because I cannot see them using Calibre (scan device memory), nor Windows file search (with show hidden files turned on), and as such I can't load the book into Calibre. Any suggestions?
As an example two books on the Nook I can't see are - The Nook User and Quick reference guides.
Thanks, Greg

p.s. I'm using Calibre 9.1 and Windows XP (SP3). The Kindle is a Touch and the Nook has a backlight with OS 1.1.5
p.s.s. I'm brand new to MobileRead so excuse me if this has been brought up before because I couldn't find it during my preliminary search.
Many devices have sections of the filesystem that are not accessible externally (usually proprietary content). Those titles fit the bill.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
B&N do not make purchased books available over the USB connection.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
hamling
hamling began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle - Touch
I have Calibre 9.1 but it doesn't see those books either. Is there another tool that does?
hamling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I have Calibre 9.1 but it doesn't see those books either. Is there another tool that does?
The Nook is the only tool!
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 01:10 AM   #6
paw3pals
Enthusiast
paw3pals doesn't litterpaw3pals doesn't litter

Device: nook tablet
Quote:
I download purchased B&N ebooks to Nook for PC, which puts a copy into My Documents/My Barnes & Noble ebooks folder. From that folder I copy them to Calibre.
paw3pals is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, missing books