Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #151
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
One piece of good news - Level up costs seem to have stopped roughly doubling.

It cost me 3.3Million to get from 11 to 12, but going to 13 looks like it's only going to cost 4.1 million - I think I can handle that kind of increase as I don't think it will be too many more cycles before I'm getting over a million a cycle.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #152
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Ok, joined name is gbm.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM   #153
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
You can use your ebook coupon code to get a discount on the Monthly Baen Bundle, gives a 6$ discount. Will also work on EARC's--Ie 15$ EARC will be 9$. For you Liaden fans the Earc of Dragon Ship when up today.

bernie

P.S.

I now have a Monthly Baen Bundle coupon code to give away. Don't know If I will use it for a Monthly thread or save for Chirstmas.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #154
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
koland t seems to me you re right - with not enough population and power it seems impossible to add allies above more than 20 - the bucks raise too slow.
I'm no mathematitian but it seems one has to pause allying after 20; then leveling for thorium upgrades, and slowly rise population while doing it.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:56 PM   #155
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
I started playing the game, as nightcolors. Seems interesting so far, but pretty confused too. Is there a list of names to ally with?
nightcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #156
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
There's one in post #106. I might have missed a few people from earlier, but I've been adding everyone who's chimed in with their PB nickname since then.

ETA: Just so you know, the cost of adding an ally doubles with each one, so some of the people with lots of allies may not be able to ally back.

Last edited by ATDrake; 04-28-2012 at 11:07 PM.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #157
nightcolors
Enthusiast
nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nightcolors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS700, T1, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
There's one in post #106. I might have missed a few people from earlier, but I've been adding everyone who's chimed in with their PB nickname since then.
Thank you!
nightcolors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:19 AM   #158
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
I'm at level 9 now. Busy swapping to Thorium Reactors to up my income per cycle. After that I'll start adding allies till I reach 20.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #159
colleenFL
Groupie
colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.colleenFL has never been to obedience school.

Device: PW3, PW1, Kobo N647, Sony PRS-600, Sony PRS-300, various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'm at level 9 now. Busy swapping to Thorium Reactors to up my income per cycle. After that I'll start adding allies till I reach 20.
That's what I'm doing now also. I like watching those energy numbers go up!
colleenFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #160
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
How come ATDrake is still on level 3? We have to help him along!
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #161
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And I felt bad about letting people wait, because i haven't added no one above 20 yet. I hope people are not too disappointed with me..
Old 04-29-2012, 11:48 AM   #162
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
How come ATDrake is still on level 3? We have to help him along!
I'm just lazy about finishing the projects and building up my Energy before I level (I am at E 10x current population right now, mind you). Plus I want some of my not-so-good current assets to go through enough cycles to repay their purchase price before I sell them to free up some space so I can place newer and better stuff without having to pay moving penalties.

Tip that may not last when they update the game: according to posts on Baen's Bar, you can get a bigger grid by filling up all but 3-4 of the squares on your current one, which will automatically grow at that point. To keep it from shrinking when you sell/delete stuff via City Core upgrading, put some assets in each corner to "anchor" the new size.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #163
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Tip that may not last when they update the game: according to posts on Baen's Bar, you can get a bigger grid by filling up all but 3-4 of the squares on your current one, which will automatically grow at that point. To keep it from shrinking when you sell/delete stuff via City Core upgrading, put some assets in each corner to "anchor" the new size.
Can you even get larger than a 8x8 grid?
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #164
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

Another thing to mention: you cannot get rid of the dropitem citycore by using another core - as i found out recently, cores can't be neighbours.
I also think I' ll rebuild some of the whack protection assets even if I have no clue how they exactly work.
These whacks are becoming a nuisance.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #165
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Can you even get larger than a 8x8 grid?
I have no idea, but there's probably a maximum size for these. Anyway, here's the Baen's Bar thread about grid shrinkage/growing (requires a login account with them).