Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #46
Franky
Nameless Being

For those in europe i would say try it with usunlocked.com or look at dutch website. There are oft edgs for sale.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:15 AM   #47
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
Calibre should not present a problem, it recognizes the PE, and the EE I would assume and transferring should be just a matter of click and send to device.
calibre detects both the PE and EE. sending to device stores the books in the internal memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrye View Post
If anyone has come up with a solution to the directory for the SD card issue, please let me know...
Books can be loaded directly to the SD card if you have a SD card reader or a computer that accepts a SD card. My Toshiba laptop requires the microSD card to be in an adapter.

EDIT:

The other alternative would be to use the portable version of calibre and have your complete library with you on USB at all times.
Attached Images

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 09-11-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #48
Areka
Enthusiast
Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Areka can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: enTourage edge, 2 rooted pocket edge, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD
Adobe registr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reedstrm View Post
My concern is that not being able to register, I understand the adobe epub reader won't work w/ DRMed epubs (like from my local library) Anyone know anything about that?
Hi there!
You can register to adobe! I have an other ereader as well ( other than the PE ),
so I have the abobe software on my computer. You can register at least 6 devices!
You just connect your edge to the computer with the USB cable, have adobe open on your
PC and agree to authorize!
Anyway, you can find all information on this wonderful site, you just need time to
read through it.
Good luck!
Areka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 05:45 PM   #49
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
calibre detects both the PE and EE. sending to device stores the books in the internal memory.
Thanks. I haven't received it yet, so I wasn't sure. I'd ideally like to have all my books on the internal memory and all my audiobooks on the SD card. That's how I've got my NC set up now and the ebooks take up just about a gigabyte.

I'll have to play around with it once it gets here, I guess, and I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions. I'm assuming I'll want to update prior to loading the books?
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 AM   #50
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Thanks. I haven't received it yet, so I wasn't sure. I'd ideally like to have all my books on the internal memory and all my audiobooks on the SD card. That's how I've got my NC set up now and the ebooks take up just about a gigabyte.

I'll have to play around with it once it gets here, I guess, and I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions. I'm assuming I'll want to update prior to loading the books?
Calibre will work with all versions of EE/PE os, as it just copies to memory.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 07:33 AM   #51
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
I think that the issue still is detecting the MicroSD card while it is still in the PE. Removing it and then loading through a reader or a PC is just an additional step that should not have to be necessary. It is easier, IMHO, to load the new media to internal memory and then move them enmasse to the SD card while it is still in the unit. It is still two steps, but it negates the need to remove the SD card from the unit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
calibre detects both the PE and EE. sending to device stores the books in the internal memory

Books can be loaded directly to the SD card if you have a SD card reader or a computer that accepts a SD card. My Toshiba laptop requires the microSD card to be in an adapter.

EDIT:

The other alternative would be to use the portable version of calibre and have your complete library with you on USB at all times.
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:24 PM   #52
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The credit card charge by Woot finally went from 'pending' into the charged category yesterday, so I think I'll probably be getting a 'unit shipped' email from them by Friday or so. Their policy is to try to ship within 5 business days and today is day 4. I can't wait to get it and play around with it. I'm especially excited to try out the e-ink side for reading books!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:02 PM   #53
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
The credit card charge by Woot finally went from 'pending' into the charged category yesterday, so I think I'll probably be getting a 'unit shipped' email from them by Friday or so. Their policy is to try to ship within 5 business days and today is day 4. I can't wait to get it and play around with it. I'm especially excited to try out the e-ink side for reading books!
Best wishes, enjoy!
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 PM   #54
DianNC
Banned

Thanks, glow!

It actually shipped on the 12th! I just tracked it on FedEx using the Woot order number and it's in transit with an estimated delivery date of 9/16.

Yay!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:32 AM   #55
reedstrm
reedstrm began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Areka View Post
Hi there!
You can register to adobe! I have an other ereader as well ( other than the PE ),
so I have the abobe software on my computer. You can register at least 6 devices!
You just connect your edge to the computer with the USB cable, have adobe open on your
PC and agree to authorize!
Anyway, you can find all information on this wonderful site, you just need time to
read through it.
Good luck!
Thanks, I tried this and it works fine. Had to use an actual Windows machine (I'm a Linux guy), even though ADE runs fine under Wine, though. The standard problem w/ usb devices and Wine - programs don't 'see' the USB device get plugged in.

I should be able to continue from here w/o Windows, though - I have to use ADE on the desktop (under Wine) to download the drm'ed epub, then side-load it to the device.
reedstrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #56
DianNC
Banned

The postman just came!

Sending this on my new eDGe!
Old 09-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #57
DianNC
Banned

So I played around with it for a couple of hours -- really easy to set up and many thanks to whomever posted the tip about getting around registration.

Everything was a breeze, except no youtube when I was browsing. Sooooo...I downloaded the ermine update and installed from a USB drive...took all of 3 or 4 minutes and now I have youtube!

With 1.6 I did notice the battery drained fairly fast --- I'm hoping with the 2.2 update that will be somewhat better.

Calibre didn't recognize my device, but I was able to transfer my books via USB -- all much easier than I'd anticipated, including the update which I was a little nervous about. Thanks, too, to all who made the download and instructions for that possible.

So far, it's a fun, useful little device! Reading e-ink is definitely a change from my Nook, but I think I'm going to like it a lot.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:48 PM   #58
syclone
Zealot
syclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enoughsyclone will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge iPhone 4S IPad 1 iPad 2 Nook Touch 4 Palm Pilot
Quote:

Calibre didn't recognize my device, but I was able to transfer my books via USB -- all much easier than I'd anticipated, including the update which I was a little nervous about. Thanks, too, to all who made the download and instructions for that possible.

I discovered a little trick to get calibre to recognize the Edge 99% of the time. Just connect the Edge and make sure the computer sees it. Then start Calibre. That has done the trick for me

Good luck.

BTW, my new P-Edge should be delivered on Monday ( I couldn't resist either).
syclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #59
DianNC
Banned

That actually worked. The books are in a download file on the internal SD card, though. I think. LOL. I see them but not sure how to get them to the library.

The ones I transferred via the thumb drive showed up in my library and I can just click and send them to the e-ink side.

I think I need to do more reading....tomorrow, though.

Thanks, again
Old 09-16-2011, 04:08 AM   #60
DianNC
Banned

Doh. I figured it out -- just double click in the download folder and the menu pops up to add to library.

Kind of fun figuring this little thing out.