Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
joenunya
Banned
joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joenunya ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle4pc
Google Chrome for tablets, might be real after all

I've long suspected that Google plans to move their Chromium OS to tablets even though they have consistently indicated otherwise. I don't have a suspicion one way or the other about a merge of Android with Chromium.

I did some digging tonight, sheer boredom is all. I found several articles of recent vintage that discuss the presence of touch screen libraries and features in this OS.

http://www.businessinsider.com/chrome-os-tablets-2011-4

More details here:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20051228-264.html

I am not sure what this will mean to the devices as a reader platform but I was able to fiddle with a Chrome OS laptop during the first public beta when Google sent out a bunch of laptops with the OS embedded and I have to say, it's a nice efficient OS. I could see it as an easy to use OS for a household device like a tablet, TV and what have you.

I don't know which product is the plan for Google but I don't see them maintaining both products long term unless they have ways to get compatibility between the two OS systems Android and Chrome (Chromium) OS.

Just wanted to pass it a long as news seems to be slow of late.
joenunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I love chrome the browser, but Im skeptical about chrome OS. I want an OS designed from the ground up to be an OS; I don't want a mutated overgrown browser.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, chrome, google, reader, tablet