Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 02:30 AM   #16
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Still plugging away at the sequel. The book is being reviewed by my Wednesday evening Writer's Group at the library, and they've been offering quite useful critiques--as well as encouragement. It's tricky picking up the threads of a story I set aside so long ago, but it's getting easier. The more time I spend with it, the stronger the story feels - though I can definitely see areas between then and now where I've grown as a writer.

One of the encouraging things my group recently said to me, while reading some of the "back story" in Topheth, is that they wanted to read The Coppersmith now, just based on what I described.

If you're looking for a good summer read, this may be the one for you.
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've got two new reviews of The Coppersmith up (finally!), with at least two more on the way.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #18
MichaelJScott
Zealot

The Coppersmith will be FREE as a Kindle Select Promo from Wednesday, August 29 through Friday, August 31st. Grab it while it's hot! ;D
Old 09-05-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
MichaelJScott
Zealot

The Coppersmith has surprised me by being my number one bestseller since publishing independently. We gave away almost 14K copies during our free promo, and since then it has continued to far outstrip everything else in sales. The book is really taking off.
Old 09-25-2012, 04:28 AM   #20
MichaelJScott
Zealot

So far, out of 23 reviews, The Coppersmith is garnering a solid 4.2 stars on Amazon!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #21
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I was talking with my son the other day (also a writer) about a movie we'd recently rented - a psychothriller (don't blame me. His Mom wanted to see it!), and we were discussing the nature of the serial killer, especially the way he blamed the victim for his own actions. I mentioned this is fairly typical of serial killers, and he wondered how I knew.

Naturally, I said, "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you."

No, I didn't say that. What I did say is that I had to do a lot of research into the minds of serial killers in order to write The Coppersmith in the first place. Definitely one of the creepiest subjects I ever had to study. But I think the result is convincing.

Read it for yourself and see if you agree.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #22
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Writing as a reader, I wish to thank you for using a creative way to promote your book.

I can't think of a lazier writer than one who uses something like this: "Another update," or "Another new week," and then leaves it at that. I certainly won't read a book where the author thinks so little of it that he or she resorts to such inanities.

You promotional copy makes me WANT to check out your book.

Again, thank you. This should be a model for all those lazy writers everywhere.....and we know who they are.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-15-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #23
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Writing as a reader, I wish to thank you for using a creative way to promote your book.

I can't think of a lazier writer than one who uses something like this: "Another update," or "Another new week," and then leaves it at that. I certainly won't read a book where the author thinks so little of it that he or she resorts to such inanities.

You promotional copy makes me WANT to check out your book.

Again, thank you. This should be a model for all those lazy writers everywhere.....and we know who they are.

Don
Thanks! That means a lot. I always thought I should try and at least say something useful. Just bumping the thread so I can "stay on top" seemed kinda pointless.

Tags
crime, murder, mystery, suspense, thriller