Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
amytug
amytug began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Kindle 3 hacks/screensavers?

is there a way yet? I've tried searching the boards and don't see anything.
amytug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Over here in the Kindle developer forum on this site.

Pretty much all the hacks work. You can jailbreak 3.0 to 3.0.3 which is the latest publicly available firmware. Screensavers and fonts can be replaced. Some people have made Kindle applications which you can install.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
amytug

thanks! so excited! hehe
Old 11-22-2010, 10:56 PM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by amytug View Post
is there a way yet? I've tried searching the boards and don't see anything.
Was that a girl's search or a boy's search....
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
amytug

i guess you're being snarky? whatever. probably a girl one. never been good at it.

now that i read more on the link though, pretty sure i couldn't figure all that out anyway. guess I'll just live with the screensavers that are on it alrady. i tihnk ill live.
Advert
Old 11-23-2010, 04:59 PM   #6
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
Amy - It is really easy. I did it with my Kindle 3 and with Mr. Manou's Kindle DX. I even customised our screensavers with: If found please contact xxxx.
And belive me, I am a complete noob.... Just follow the tutorial.
It took much more time to choose the screen savers than to do the actual
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #7
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Here are some pictures that you can use as screensaver images.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:48 AM   #8
RexGalore
Connoisseur
RexGalore doesn't litterRexGalore doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amytug View Post
i guess you're being snarky? whatever. probably a girl one. never been good at it.

now that i read more on the link though, pretty sure i couldn't figure all that out anyway. guess I'll just live with the screensavers that are on it alrady. i tihnk ill live.
This tutorial in the WIKI makes it really easy to follow. Step by step and it's a no-brainer. Wiki Kindle Hacks
RexGalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #9
hellraiser06
Yaabbaa dabba doo
hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!hellraiser06 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch wifi, Kindle 3 Wifi, Asus Transformer TF101
OMG, thanks for the link blog_kindle. karma for you
hellraiser06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #10
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I wonder if Amazon will give option of different screensavers in future?
People could create screensavers and sell them in Kindle store...
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote