Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Best Buy and nook battery 50% off sale

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Barnes+%...&skuId=9875521

$14.95 be crazy not to snag one up and put it away for when the time may come.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:40 PM   #2
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Definitely. Thanks for the heads up.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
redbird
redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.redbird once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Always nice to get a deal! Thanks.
redbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
:D ominik
Groupie
:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.:D ominik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook
I can't find the battery pack on bn.com anymore. Perhaps there's a modified battery pack coming (most freezes are caused by loose battery contacts).
:D ominik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:14 AM   #5
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Remember, these batteries die from the date of manufacturer regardless of use. So, even if you aren't using it, it could well be dead at the same time as the original battery in your Nook.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
bugeyed
Connoisseur
bugeyed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 2, PRS-600
If anyone is thinking about getting a replacement LiPo battery just to have one for down the road, thing again. LiPo batteries have a fairly short shelf life if not kept charged. A unique characteristic of lipos is that their life span is a factor of their age since manufacture and not just on the number of charge/discharge cycles. An older battery will not perform as well as a new one, due solely to its age.
I thought about jumping on this deal, as I am expecting my refurbed Nook to arrive next week & I don't know the age of the battery. Wonder if there is a date of mfg. stamp on the battery??? There is a serial number, but don't know if the info is in there.

Cheers,
kev
bugeyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
does anyone know what the average shelf life/ expiration date is on these until they are rendered useless.

I mean If I send my iPod back to Apple or if you have a Kindle and send it back to Amazon, I'm sure they are not putting a "fresh from the factory, same day", battery in your device.
I'm sure they have an inventory stock they use.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Yeah, I think the shelf life is 2-3 years. However, I'm planning on rotating out my batteries now so I will use them both and it will be great to have the extra battery if I travel and can't charge right away.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote