Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Sony for study. issues

I am really happy with my prs 650,
but
1) Once I cliked on a note and the reader goes on the selected page, there is a way to turn back on the notes?
2)Can I program changing the settings an hardware button thatdirectly goes on the notes without open the menu-->list notes?
3) will be a new firmware made for the milion of people that use the Sony prs to study?
4) can I export the notes without that appear the number of the page, having an organic rtf?
5) I suggest in the case a new firmware will be do to program a function to navigate from highlight to highlight as was ubook for pda.Or at least to see all the notes contents in one file by the reader!
6) It is true that there is a limit for 100 words?, I did not experimentate still too much because I want to use calibre since the software furnished by sony, is blocking on my netbook.

For the rest I am really satisfied, the screen is perfect, the vocabulary really helpful at the moment is seems to me the best choice for people that love reading, at least till the new product presented on the festival will come out.

Last edited by trocchietto; 01-11-2011 at 05:52 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
I am really happy with my prs 650,
but
1) Once I cliked on a note and the reader goes on the selected page, there is a way to turn back on the notes?
Press and hold "options" for 3 seconds. Upon release, you'll be back at the notes list. Or, click "options" and choose "return to list" from the menu.

I can't give you a good answer for the rest of your questions. But I'll give you a tip for note-taking:

If you prefix your notes with a code for the category or theme (I use things like _pro and _con), you can later sort your notes by comment and all your notes from all your books will be grouped together by theme.

Last edited by trekchick; 01-11-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Fix iOS autocowrong
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #3
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
Thank! options function works well, great tip indeed, let's hope in some nice firmware that solve the problems for people that study.
I am confident some developer had a glance to my points because should be rather popular, use for study.

Also the other tip is interesting till not definitive, the notes should be ordered by the firmware as at the present the reader do for the collections, are a really important feature and should be not undervalued.

Also when I read the novels, I highlight the words I do not know to repeat them and improve my vocabulary by means of the note function
great stuff this sony, it is a dream for an hard reader.

Last edited by trocchietto; 01-11-2011 at 10:57 AM.
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
On DRM content you can only export highlights of 100 characters (not words) to an RTF file. However, on non-DRM content the limit for highlights is 2000 characters.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
...the notes should be ordered by the firmware as at the present the reader do for the collections, are a really important feature and should be not undervalued....
You can sort notes by: date, title, type, comment, or file name. Look in the top right corner to change the sort option. I use the prefix when I'm doing research. It's handy for differentiating references that I want to quote from background information, and for grouping supporting references separately from opposing views. Firmware would have no way to know those things.

Quote:
...Also when I read the novels, I highlight the words I do not know to repeat them and improve my vocabulary by means of the note function
great stuff this sony, it is a dream for an hard reader.
You should check out the Word Log. The PRS-x50 keeps track of words you look up. With your book open, click/tap "Options, Word Logs:Book" to see only the words for that particular book. From the Home Screen, click/tap "Applications, Dictionary, Options, Word Logs: Dictionary" to see all of the words you've looked up.

While looking at the Word Log, you can click/tap "Options, Delete Word Logs" to remove some or all of the words from the list.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert