Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
halox
halox began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
Onyx Boox m96 - Handwriting speed test

Just a quick vid to show how quickly you can write notes on screen with the m96.

https://youtu.be/nMnPo4pN_qA
halox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
The classic test of such digitizers is to put the pen down on the screen and keep it there while you draw many many large-ish circular loops. You will soon see the loops become composed of straight line segments, as the digitizer runs out of temporary memory for the vectors.

In many implementations, you can also crash the system this way.

Let us know...
6^)
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #3
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
The classic test doesn't timelapse the result, either
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
halox
halox began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
It does look time-lapsed, doesn't it? But it's not. Not trying to trick anyone - I don't sell 'em, it doesn't matter to me at all. The m96 is definitely not a perfect device - you've got to have a high tolerance for problem solving to get the most out of it.

When I was making my decision to get one, I was searching for a video like this one to see how responsive the screen was for notes/annotations. I mark up a lot of PDFS. Couldn't find a great video (and I'm not saying that one's a great one) but I thought I'd put it up there if someone needed to see it.

Great idea on the classic test with the circular loops. I don't think I'm gonna have to run this thing through a test like that. By creating a notepad-lined PDF, I'm able to take notes through the Neo Reader app and export them (something I've never been able to do with the OnyxScribbler app). So it works for what I need it to do.
halox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #5
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I didn't mean to imply you were trying to deceive anyone. I thought you had this for the artistic effect, but I watch it again, it indeed looks like I only imagined that. Thanks for the video in any case! I bet it will help many people as indeed, that's the stuff one looks for when not yet sure which to buy
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:34 PM   #6
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
When I said "crash the system" with continuous loops, I didn't mean permanently, just a power-off restart. Give it a try.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote