Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #31
Jackie7
Enthusiast
Jackie7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Does it really send any data (probably including personal information) to Amazon?

I had the issue described in the original post after I opened and closed my magnetic cover (which automatically enables the screensaver) quickly several times. But after that, I had that message every time, even after reading minutes and pusihing the on of button only shortly.

I then did a complete reboot, and the effect has disappeared, I hope it doesn't appear anymore.

Can I access the data the kindle created? And can I delete it?
Jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #32
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie7 View Post
Does it really send any data (probably including personal information) to Amazon?
No. At least, not directly. It just writes list of currently running processes and a small bit of system information about running Java machine process to log, nothing more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie7 View Post
Can I access the data the kindle created? And can I delete it?
Yes (look at log). Yes (delete log).
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #33
h1ro
Enthusiast
h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.h1ro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
I confirm. On KT it's dumping cvm (Java machine) internal state information. This behavior is initiated by /usr/bin/powerd and handled by /usr/bin/dump-and-kill-cvm.
What's "It" referring to? I'd like to look into powerd and find out about it's internal working.
h1ro is offline   Reply With Quote