Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
Mutherlode
Mutherlode began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 10.1
Syncing PC to Tablet

I have Kobo on my PC and have downloaded books. I synced them to my Galaxy Tab and was happily reading them from there until today! I downloaded an update on my tab and now the books are there but it says they "aren't available yet", whatever that means. I have hooked my tab to the pc and used the sync on Kobo but it doesn't change the availability of any of the books. I am halfway through a book and am so frustrated. Don't want to sit at my computer reading, want to take my tab with me and read when I can. What went wrong after the download? and can anybody help?
Mutherlode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I don't know what went wrong BUT

I have installed Calibre on my PC and it gets all my books on to both my Sony T1 and my cheapo Neuropad android tablet.

It may seem like overkill but it seems to get things in the right place for reading them.

And it is FREE.

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutherlode View Post
I have Kobo on my PC and have downloaded books. I synced them to my Galaxy Tab and was happily reading them from there until today! I downloaded an update on my tab and now the books are there but it says they "aren't available yet", whatever that means. I have hooked my tab to the pc and used the sync on Kobo but it doesn't change the availability of any of the books. I am halfway through a book and am so frustrated. Don't want to sit at my computer reading, want to take my tab with me and read when I can. What went wrong after the download? and can anybody help?
I suggest you ask in the Kobo or the Android forum, you are more likely to get someone who can help in those threads... I've not had that problem with my Tab so can't help you... I'm on ICS, you may want to mention what version of Android you are running when you repost.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #4
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Hello Mutherlode,

We are trying to help.

Where are you?

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote