Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Entourage eDGe
Getting Market to work on the full size 10.1" EE, a step-by-step guide

Outdated.

Use my or vldmr's new Allmine from THIS THREAD.

Last edited by Burgher; 04-08-2012 at 08:33 AM. Reason: outdated
Burgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
@burgher
re: 1. Download and install the modified "nochecks" Golden Dingo update by emusan: HERE.
Results in "The page cannot be found".
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Burgher
Connoisseur
Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Burgher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Replaced with a direct link.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Thanks a lot, will try over the weekend ....
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #5
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Good job, I do not need the market (I use the EE to work on texts, I need very few apps) but your effort is much appreciated. Thanks
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

too bad, for the moment access to market ends with

"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."

Any suggestions ??

(I am trying to sign in with an existing google account ...)
Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #7
Dingo
Enthusiast
Dingo began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
too bad, for the moment access to market ends with

"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server. This could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."

Any suggestions ??

(I am trying to sign in with an existing google account ...)
Same with me (location Croatia), I did not use this method to gain acces to market but today market and talk not working.

I tried so many things in last 6 hrs that I need hard reset of my EE (full sized).

PS Try to add another google account (it won't let you).

BTW, Ermine is last EE rom, or there is newer one?
Dingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #8
Burgher
Connoisseur

"Can't establish a reliable data connection" means no proper serial number file. Check that system\serial_number exists and contains a 14-digit hex number.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
Ermine is last EE rom, or there is newer one?
The official latest release is Ermine 0.9 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170249

Take your time to read the sticky by Obsessed before you do anything
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
Queue
Queue began at the beginning.

Device: EE (big one), PE (team red)
I think the data connection error was on google's end. I couldn't connect with my android phone, PE, or EE either (location: Korea) until today.

Everything appears to work with this update with the exception of adding anything to the library. I've tried adding PDFs, ePubs, jpgs, and videos, and all appear to be added to the library correctly, but then the red ! appears with an "error while adding to library".

I've installed twice, once before moving the library to the SD card and then again after moving the library with the same result.

Also, this doesn't make the installation directory larger like on the PE.

But the market and google apps appear to work fine. And it seems stable. So good work so far.
Queue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Dingo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoens View Post
The official latest release is Ermine 0.9 https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170249

Take your time to read the sticky by Obsessed before you do anything
I did but I did notice newer links/files in threads under sticky.

Thank You
Old 04-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #12
fekhner
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post
"Can't establish a reliable data connection" means no proper serial number file. Check that system\serial_number exists and contains a 14-digit hex number.
you are right of course, it did not get created even though I thought I followed your instructions and inserted the file in the zip archive ... I guess it will not be enough to add the file now, it has to be created when updating to ermine ?

---

In fact, after trying just to add the file at this stage, all works, great!!

This community is amazing and the EE is still getting better and better: coolreader and orionviewer for the eink side, market ...
Thanks a lot !

Last edited by fekhner; 04-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #13
Dingo
Enthusiast

Do I need to downgrade to Dingo or can just use steps from ermine and forward ?

PS anyone tried 1mobile.com market ? Seems like copy

Last edited by Dingo; 04-01-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #14
Dingo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgher View Post

can I just insert it in system with root explorer after eDGe was updated?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #15
Burgher
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
can I just insert it in system with root explorer after eDGe was updated?
Yes, but you need to unpack gapps from some archive as well.