Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #1
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Question Problem with Galaxy 7 Plus

I can't get Calibre to see my Galaxy 7 Plus, unless I'm using the Calibre Android App (CA) to look at the Calibre database. Unfortunately, even though CA app can find the Calibre Desktop (CD) and display my entire library, I am unable to use CA to download files because no matter what directory I specify for the CA to download to, I cannot see the files, nor can either the Kindle Android App or the generic "E-Book" app that came with the Galaxy.

Also, the CD won't detect my Galaxy. I understand that CD needs to see the Galaxy as a USB drive, but I can't find anything under settings to tell it to connect as a USB drive. My computer shows it under the list of drives as a "Portable Media Player" but I can open it and view all the files on it via the windows file manager, so I'm not sure if it's seeing it as a USB drive or not.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and let me know if there's any other info you need from me!

ETA: I did try searching for similar problems, but what I found didn't seem similar enough for me to figure out how to apply it. If there is another thread that is on point for this topic, please direct me there and if I still don't get it I'll follow up there.

Last edited by thorswitch; 01-12-2012 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Adding an additional note
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorswitch View Post
I can't get Calibre to see my Galaxy 7 Plus, unless I'm using the Calibre Android App (CA) to look at the Calibre database. Unfortunately, even though CA app can find the Calibre Desktop (CD) and display my entire library, I am unable to use CA to download files because no matter what directory I specify for the CA to download to, I cannot see the files, nor can either the Kindle Android App or the generic "E-Book" app that came with the Galaxy.

Also, the CD won't detect my Galaxy. I understand that CD needs to see the Galaxy as a USB drive, but I can't find anything under settings to tell it to connect as a USB drive. My computer shows it under the list of drives as a "Portable Media Player" but I can open it and view all the files on it via the windows file manager, so I'm not sure if it's seeing it as a USB drive or not.

Thanks for any help you can provide, and let me know if there's any other info you need from me!

ETA: I did try searching for similar problems, but what I found didn't seem similar enough for me to figure out how to apply it. If there is another thread that is on point for this topic, please direct me there and if I still don't get it I'll follow up there.
Media Player. That may be the problem. It did not get treated as a normal Disk Drive (unless there is a drive letter associated).

If the GT has a web browser, you might want to use the Calibre Content server to load books using your GT's screen.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Thanks, I'll give that a try
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, calibre android, detect, galaxy, kindle app