Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
chango714
Chango714
chango714 began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital novel
Importing Series information into Calibre

Ok, I have figured out how to pull in the series name from the file name into Calibre. The file name is 'John Sandborn - Prey 1 - Rules Of Prey'. I import this string in (I turned off searching the file for metadata and reversed and added Series. Hence 'Title - Series - Author' becomes 'Author - Series - Title') and it fills the Series box with 'Prey 1' and the Book number stays at 1.00.

There must be a way, other than to add a hypen between the Series - Book Number I.E. 'prey - 1', to pull in the series number. Especially since we can't seem to get librarything to play well with Calibre. Anybody have any ideas?

Can we change where Calibre searchs from Librarything to Amazon or some other site?
chango714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:11 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chango714 View Post
Ok, I have figured out how to pull in the series name from the file name into Calibre. The file name is 'John Sandborn - Prey 1 - Rules Of Prey'. I import this string in (I turned off searching the file for metadata and reversed and added Series. Hence 'Title - Series - Author' becomes 'Author - Series - Title') and it fills the Series box with 'Prey 1' and the Book number stays at 1.00.
This regex works for this title. Just place it in Preferences - Adding books.

Code:
^((?P<author>([^\-_0-9]+)(?=\s*-\s*)(?!\s*-\s*[0-9.]+)|\b))(\s*-\s*)?((?P<series>[^0-9\-]+)(\s*-\s*)?(?P<series_index>[0-9.]+)\s*-\s*)?(?P<title>[^\-_0-9]+)
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 08:05 AM   #3
chango714
Chango714
chango714 began at the beginning.

Device: pandigital novel
Thank you. I'll try this tonite. Appreciate the info. Cheers.
chango714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
import books