Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your level of fitness?
I work out almost eveyrday and consider myself "in-shape." 15 18.07%
I work out a few times a week. 28 33.73%
I don't work out but feel pretty "in-shape" 10 12.05%
Working out? Surely you jest. 30 36.14%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2011, 01:29 PM   #16
Kindle Worm
Enthusiast
Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kindle Worm writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Fitness is a must for me. TO many bad things run in the family. I weight train 4 days a week 45 min to 1 1/2 hours, and do HIIT or cardio the other three days a week.
Kindle Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Wow, after reading all your replies.... Well, I seem to be closely related to a sloth!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #18
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Wow, after reading all your replies.... Well, I seem to be closely related to a sloth!
If you notice, 139 people have viewed this thread and only 16 replied. I'm assuming the other 123 people are also sloth-like.

I only play exercise. Fun stuff like Wii Fit, hiking, and swimming. If it's not fun, I'm not doing it. I recently got Zumba for Wii which is lots of fun. Me and my 22 month old grandson do it and he has the moves down. It's very cute.

My daughter and son-in-law do P90X and it looks like torture to me.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #19
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
If you notice, 139 people have viewed this thread and only 16 replied. I'm assuming the other 123 people are also sloth-like.

I only play exercise. Fun stuff like Wii Fit, hiking, and swimming. If it's not fun, I'm not doing it. I recently got Zumba for Wii which is lots of fun. Me and my 22 month old grandson do it and he has the moves down. It's very cute.

My daughter and son-in-law do P90X and it looks like torture to me.
I had hoped that at least people who didnt comment would vote in the poll. I have the "see who voted what" widget disabled for the poll.

Torture? No pain, no gain If I'm not sore after a workout, I feel like i've done something wrong.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #20
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
I do an 8 minutes miniworkout every day since ever. It is the old Royal Canadian Airforce Routine. It keeps me in shape very easily. I try to walk fast and use the stairs instead of elevators. If I am not under time pressure I walk a couple of stops of the metro, going to work. After lunch I try to walk for a while. No gyms for me. This year, in March, we take little daughter to the ski school which means that we will start skiing again and that will help for sure.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:26 PM   #21
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Okeydokey.
Until eight years ago (when I remarried) did Latin-American dancing twice a week..which is quite a workout. Nowadays, I go for a walk twice a day. For my height (5'3") I weight 105lbs. Eat meat twice a week, fish three times a week, pasta and salads the rest. Also, got my hubby to lose weight.
I feel pretty fit.
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:16 PM   #22
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
until my accident I was uber fit. 10 pounds below my basic training enlistment weight, and I have had 2 kids even!

now, I'm struggling
When was your accident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle Worm View Post
Fitness is a must for me. TO many bad things run in the family. I weight train 4 days a week 45 min to 1 1/2 hours, and do HIIT or cardio the other three days a week.
What kind of hereditary problems are you trying to avoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrangerhere View Post
Torture? No pain, no gain If I'm not sore after a workout, I feel like i've done something wrong.
Oh gosh, I'm so over the pain factor. I workout to feel good and to think straight. I have always been good for a minimum of 3 days a week, but since I started back to school I absolutely must workout the 6 days a week that I study. If I don't, it takes me so much longer to memorize and grasp what I'm reading.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:29 PM   #23
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
I recently had the flu. I couldn't eat, I threw up what little I did manage to eat, and I had diarrhea. But I lost 10 pounds! If only there was some way to bottle this and sell it. The New Hollywood Diet: Anorexia, bulimia, and a colon cleanse, all-in-one.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #24
tom6626
tom6626 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3G
At 60 years old with high blood pressure and 2 transient ischaemic attacks under my belt I walk as much as possible every day, less during the week than the weekend but one does what one can. Gives me time to think about the previous nights read.

Tom
tom6626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #25
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
When was your accident?

3 years ago. I was doing alright until last year, and the knee just couldn't take it. had a full knee replacement in January, that was doing ok, then I fell off of my deck while watering tomatoes and fractured my femur in May. that went undiagnosed until September and I am playing bloody hell with it now
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #26
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Is lifting my eBook exercise? Yeah it is. Otherwise I walk as I don't have a car (unless i can pinch MOTH's). I consider exercise a reduction in my reading time (can't have that).
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 PM   #27
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
3 years ago. I was doing alright until last year, and the knee just couldn't take it. had a full knee replacement in January, that was doing ok, then I fell off of my deck while watering tomatoes and fractured my femur in May. that went undiagnosed until September and I am playing bloody hell with it now
Wow ... The knee I can understand. I'm grateful everyday that my knees have always been in great shape; especially when I can remember girls after track practice, in HS, icing their knees along with every other sports injury. Falling off the deck seems like natures way of playing a cruel trick on you. I had a feeling that even with all the skiing you did, it wasn't a skiing accident. How high up was the deck?
Old 01-24-2011, 11:01 PM   #28
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Is lifting my eBook exercise? Yeah it is. Otherwise I walk as I don't have a car (unless i can pinch MOTH's). I consider exercise a reduction in my reading time (can't have that).
That's why my StairMaster has a reading rack, silly!
Old 01-25-2011, 02:12 AM   #29
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Wow ... The knee I can understand. I'm grateful everyday that my knees have always been in great shape; especially when I can remember girls after track practice, in HS, icing their knees along with every other sports injury. Falling off the deck seems like natures way of playing a cruel trick on you. I had a feeling that even with all the skiing you did, it wasn't a skiing accident. How high up was the deck?
3 feet. my other knee is absolutely fine. I ran track all through high school, was in the Army, was a pole climber (first female in the Army!), skied, hiked, backpacked, horses, jumped out of planes, yada yada,,,, one damn skiing accident...
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 AM   #30
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindle Worm View Post
Fitness is a must for me. TO many bad things run in the family.
That's what my brother, surgeon, was/is telling me all my life...I didn't listen to him and now I am paying for it.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote