Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #1
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Smile Every Day's a Holiday!

September 22nd Holidays:

Looking for something to celebrate? Look no further . . .

Click image for larger version

Name:	stickynotes17.gif
Views:	519
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	36249

Fall Begins - Northern Hemisphere Click image for larger version

Name:	Fall.gif
Views:	529
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	36250

Spring Begins - Southern Hemisphere Click image for larger version

Name:	Happy Spring.gif
Views:	536
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	36251

Independence Day (Mali)

Anniversary - Emancipation Proclamation

Anniversay - Ice Cream Cone Birthday Click image for larger version

Name:	doublecone.gif
Views:	557
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	36252

International Day of Radiant Peace

American Business Women's Day

Long Count Day

Mabon (Wiccan)

Dear Diary Day Click image for larger version

Name:	diary_reddiary.gif
Views:	536
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	36253

Hobbit Day

Elephant Appreciation Day Click image for larger version

Name:	elephants_84.gif
Views:	613
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	36254

National White Chocolate Day Click image for larger version

Name:	hershey-white.jpg
Views:	616
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	36255

Now Go Forth and Click image for larger version

Name:	celebrate-728472.gif
Views:	537
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	36256

(Don't hesitate - they'll be a whole new list of things to celebrate tomorrow.)
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Yes, all good things, I'm sure. But it's not Doughnut Day at MobileRead - yet.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Yes, all good things, I'm sure. But it's not Doughnut Day at MobileRead - yet.
and what other holiday do you really need ?

(although i think "elephant appreciation day" is worth celebrating. peanut, anyone ? on the other hand, i think EVERY day should be "International Day of Radiant Peace")
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
and what other holiday do you really need ?

(although i think "elephant appreciation day" is worth celebrating. peanut, anyone ? on the other hand, i think EVERY day should be "International Day of Radiant Peace")
Also... White Chocolate appreciation day and the birth of the Icecream cone is DEFINITLY worth celebrating! Zany Carters for everyone at Marc's place in 5 minutes, trebuchets at the ready! Aim! Fire!
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I appreciate elephants all year long, not just once a year.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And if that is not enough to celebrate, September is also:

Baby Safety Month
Be Kind to Editors & Writers Month
Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
Children's Good Manners Month
Cholesterol Education Month
Classical Music Month
Coupon Month
Ethnic Foods Eye Health & Safety Month
Fall Hat Month
Food Education Safety Healthy Aging Month
Sickle Cell Month
Jazz Month
Women of Achievement Month
Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 - October 15, 2007)
Classical Music Month
Coupon Month (National, US)
Fall Hat Month
Food Education Safety
Healthy Aging Month
and . . . Tiger Month
Old 09-22-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Also... White Chocolate appreciation day and the birth of the Icecream cone is DEFINITLY worth celebrating! Zany Carters for everyone at Marc's place in 5 minutes, trebuchets at the ready! Aim! Fire!
yay !! party !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I appreciate elephants all year long, not just once a year.
you're an example to us all, DG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
And if that is not enough to celebrate, September is also:

Be Kind to Editors & Writers Month
well, that seems particularly appropriate for mobileread !!

Quote:
...has anyone told the children that ?? (and also : move to make EVERY month "children's good manners month". can i get a second ? a third ? an eleventy ??)

Quote:
Classical Music Month
my grandmother will be happy...

Quote:
: that one is a little scary.

Quote:
Fall Hat Month
i celebrate that every year without even knowing it. in fact i just got a new woolen cap which is ever so stylie for this fall.

Quote:
Jazz Month
i'll nod my head and tap my foot rythmically to that.

Quote:
Women of Achievement Month
another one that should really be celebrated all year...

Quote:
Hispanic Heritage Month (September 15 - October 15, 2007)
isn't it cheating, having one month spread over two months ??

Quote:
and . . . Tiger Month
woot !!! an entire month-long holiday for me !!! (my nickname is "le tigre" for various reasons, the main one being also relevant to fall hat month. ) zany carters for everybody !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'll celebrate almost anything... except "white chocolate" month.

Where I come from, there's another name for white chocolate: Vanilla. Pass!

(And why is it I find out it's Jazz month near the end of September?!?)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #9
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I'll celebrate almost anything... except "white chocolate" month.

Where I come from, there's another name for white chocolate: Vanilla. Pass!

(And why is it I find out it's Jazz month near the end of September?!?)

Sorry. I reported it as soon as I found out.

Guess you'll just have to "jazz it up" a little to make up for the time you've lost.

Yes, I know . . . Name:  groan.gif
Views: 975
Size:  1.7 KB
Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #10
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
So, today is Long Count Day?

I thought maybe this had something to do with the Mayan calendar which uses something called the Long Count Calendar. Nope. That's not it at all. It's the anniversary of Sept. 22, 1927:

Dempsey Loses in Long Count

Jack Dempsey, the "Manassa Mauler," misses an opportunity to regain the heavyweight boxing title when he fails to return to a neutral corner after knocking down champ Gene Tunney in a title match in Chicago. Dempsey waited five precious seconds before heading to the neutral corner, at which point the referee began the 10-count as the rules dictated. As the referee reached nine seconds, Tunney got back up to his feet. He had actually been down for what amounted to 14 seconds. Tunney went on to win the bout in a decision after 10 rounds.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

I'm sure glad you explained that. I thought it had something to do with the Mayan calendar too, but that didn't really make sense.

My curiousity is finally satisfied.

I don't know much about this fight stuff, but I bet Dempsey hustled to the neutral corner in every fight after that one.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #12
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Every day is a holiday, when like me you are over 65
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
...has anyone told the children that ?? (and also : move to make EVERY month "children's good manners month". can i get a second ? a third ? an eleventy ??)
I've put both my arms and my legs up, so you now have that seconded, thirded, eleventied and more!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I've put both my arms and my legs up, so you now have that seconded, thirded, eleventied and more!
And how many arms and legs do you have, exactly?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
And how many arms and legs do you have, exactly?
Eleventy and them some!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bizarre observances, celebrations, everyday, holidays