Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #1
Yosa
Yosa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
Reader connect crashes Sony eBook Software

So my issue is semi complicated. I had a reader that worked with the Ebook software. Then I had to exchange it when the side binding popped out (as discussed in another thread). I got a replacement 700 reader and it worked fine with the software (although I forgot to de-authorize it).

Then I upgraded my vmware fusion to version 2 (I'm running Windows XP in bootcamp or vmware). After the upgrade when I connect the reader I cannot open the reader arrow in the Sony software or access the reader through the software at all - it crashes the software. It also crashes in straight up bootcamp. I tried uninstalling the software as well as contacting Sony and getting this solution in reply: http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/d...rnalId=C332130

However nothing worked (I'm not willing to "Install software on another computer" as I feel it should be able to work with my computer!). I can still use Adobe Digital Editions as well as Calibre.

Any ideas?
Yosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
have you tried running it in a new xp machine created in VMware? used a back up of your old vmware state?
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert