Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-02-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Book sorting using calibre

After importing books into calibre, some books are sorted by author and some are not. They are just in the same folder. Is there a way to get them ALL sorted into their own folders or do I need to rebuild the library. I only have 90 books so it will not be that big of a deal.
I am on a Mac if it makes a difference.

-Rob
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:36 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It sounds as if the meta-data associated with many of the books you have imported is incorrect!

If you use the button for altering metadata on the books and ensure that the titles and authors are correct at that level, then the books should automatically be filed in the Calibre library with folders for the authors and sub-folders for each book.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They initially were. I fixed them all but they are still not in their own folder under the author.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
What are they being filed under then (perhaps you could give an example)? In my Calibre library I found that when I changed the author and/or title via the Calibre dialog for editing metadata the books got moved to appropriate folders within the Calibre library.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #5
rcuadro
Wizard

I wish I could just take a screen shot but my laptop is in my locker (I am deployed)
Let me try to explain. On my Mac I created a directory called eBooks (creative eh) and that is where Calibre is storing the ebooks. Some books are under:eBook/author/book name/ebook file. Simple enough... just how I like it. Others are simply under eBook/file name.
I could be doing something wrong as I found out when changing book authors to the correct one. I am almost willing to bet that they are actually sorted correctly but maybe calibre now treats it as a different book and copies it to the right folder leaving the older one behind?
Advert
Old 12-02-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre stores book files in books folder/author name/title. If author name is blank then it uses books folder/title

When you change title author information, the book files are moved to a new folder. The older folder may or may not be deleted depending on whether it originally contained more than one book.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #7
rcuadro
Wizard

Sure as heck. All the books that were not sorted correctly actually were. I just had duplicates. I took out the duplicates (that were not in folders) and whala! Everything looks nice and neat
Once again it was operator error on my part