Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 01-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
TraceyGallegos
TraceyGallegos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Angry transfer books from pc and kindle

help me please. I have books on a disc in mobi format. I have copied books from the disc to a folder created on my desktop, plugged in my Kindle Fire and copied the book from the folder to the "documents" sub folder in my Kindle (E) drive. It's not working. I'm terribly frustrated.

I even downloaded the "send to my kindle" program onto my pc and tried sending the book that way. It doesn't work.
TraceyGallegos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:49 AM   #2
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Download the program Calibre. It's a great tool for managing a library of ebooks. Much better than the Manage My Kindle web site. Use "Add Books" to copy the books into your Calibre Library then with the kindle attached to the USB use "Send To Device" to send it to your kindle. Once you get more than a few hundred ebooks this tool is almost essential for managing it. It is free and open source. I've been using it for a couple years and couldn't manage without it.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2014, 04:53 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Kindle Fire forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyGallegos View Post
help me please. I have books on a disc in mobi format. I have copied books from the disc to a folder created on my desktop, plugged in my Kindle Fire and copied the book from the folder to the "documents" sub folder in my Kindle (E) drive. It's not working. I'm terribly frustrated.

I even downloaded the "send to my kindle" program onto my pc and tried sending the book that way. It doesn't work.
Welcome to the forum!

You might also try emailing a mobi to yourself and opening the email on your Fire. If the mobi is compatible, the Fire should allow you to open the book and read it. I'm wondering if your mobi files are compatible if the Send To Kindle app is failing to get them to your Fire. Where did these mobi books come from? If they are DRMed (copy protected) and came from another Kindle or device, there would be issues with copying them to another device. If they are not DRMNed, then they should work as long as the files are not corrupted. Have you loaded these mobis to other Kindles or devices to test them?