Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 04:59 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Can't get new f/w - flash site broken again and non-flash not updated

The flash site is once again showing "undefined" everywhere in the download section and this site

http://www.theezreader.com/html/support_firmware.asp

has only the 2009 firmware!
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
The listed date on the site is wrong but if you look at the file name "V2.02ASTAK.100304" that shows it's the new version.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 05:34 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
The listed date on the site is wrong but if you look at the file name "V2.02ASTAK.100304" that shows it's the new version.
Well spotted. Downloading now.

(these guys really need some decent web designer/admins ! )
Old 03-13-2010, 05:55 AM   #4
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Thanks kdf9511, I had overlooked the description as well myself. I naturally looked at the date, which is mislabelled as you said. I have downloaded and installed it to the PEZ. It is definitely the 100304 update when I look in the about settings in the reader. Happy to have it loaded.

Haven't tried it out much yet, just installed it. Hope it works well!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #5
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. Now if I could just get it to load.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 06:56 AM   #6
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javed View Post
Thanks kdf9511, I had overlooked the description as well myself. I naturally looked at the date, which is mislabelled as you said. I have downloaded and installed it to the PEZ. It is definitely the 100304 update when I look in the about settings in the reader. Happy to have it loaded.

Haven't tried it out much yet, just installed it. Hope it works well!
What is the fb2 parser version if you don't mind? I need to wait until midnight to download (damn internet quotas)
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #7
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
What is the fb2 parser version if you don't mind? I need to wait until midnight to download (damn internet quotas)
V2.00.100304
Old 03-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Thanks for catching the update. I've updated the Version listing in Sticky.
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:26 AM   #9
Xochipilli2012
Zealot
Xochipilli2012 began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-600, Slate Blue Astak EZReader Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Well spotted. Downloading now.

(these guys really need some decent web designer/admins ! )
Agreed! It's actually rather shocking that this blunder remains unaddressed.

I was running a Live Linux installation yesterday and wanted to check the theEZReader.com site for updates, and it was completely unusable. I had to do some clever Google queries to find a link on the site that didn't require flash to view. For those of you who haven't tried without Flash, it is completely unusable. That's a poor reflection on Astak. Although a majority of visitors will probably never notice, the fact that it's such an easy thing to fix makes the issue stick out like a sore thumb to those who notice it.

Robertb: I know they probably don't pay you enough, but have you ever thought to learning Mandarin/Han dialect? I think it could seriously improve the communication situation between yourself and the folks in China.

Just sayin'....
Xochipilli2012 is offline   Reply With Quote