Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Sigil code hints

Hi all.

I have just started using Sigil to edit epub files I generate from InDesign. I am using Dreamweaver for most of my editing at the moment, but it is such a pain to always have to unzip the epub, make changes, zip it, check it on my iPad. I work on a Mac.

I have the Book Proofer software from Apple so I thought that by using Sigil, I could save myself a lot of time by editing the epub with Sigil. Book Proofer automatically syncs the saved version of the epub and I can see the results immediately on the iPad.

One thing I do love about Dreamweaver, however, is its Code Hints. When I am editing a rule in the CSS file, when I type the two letters "te" I get a panel next to my cursor with suggestions like: text-align, text-align-last etc. I love this feature as I am NOT an expert in writing code.

Sigil does not do this. Is this correct or am I not doing something I should be doing? Is there perhaps an add in or something that will give me something like what Dreamweaver does?

Thanks in advance.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I don't think there is anything built in to sigil...yet...although I vaguely remember someone mentioning this before.

One option is to create Clips of all your most common tags. You can have your clips window docked to the side and simply scroll down the list till you find what you want and click on it to enter it into the CV. This would be a bit of effort at first, but it only needs to be done once and it will get you more familiar with the different tags while you do it.

Cheers,
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Thanks for the information.

I like the fact you say "yet". Hopefully, it will make an appearance.

Thanks again.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkalla View Post
Thanks for the information.

I like the fact you say "yet". Hopefully, it will make an appearance.

Thanks again.
I revised the default clips into 4 sections, some have nested :

1) the top section is those frequently items I want to appear on the clips toolbar. These are the code snipits I tend to use frequently.

2) A section of simple (body code) 'Pastes'

3) A section of CSS 'pastes' (some the complement to #1, #2 and #4 )

4) Wrap (the selection) with (tags).

If anyone is interested, I can post MY sigil_clips.ini file,
To test drive for ideas.

open (press F5) the Sigil configuration folder :
Click the button at the bottom.
QUIT Sigil, leaving the folder open
Rename sigil_clips.ini -> sigil_clips.ini.old (or any other meaningful name)
Copy the new sigil_clips.ini file to this location
Start Sigil and browse
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #5
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
If anyone is interested, I can post MY sigil_clips.ini file, to test drive for ideas.
Please do

Paul
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that would be great. Thanks!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Due to popular outcry
My sigil_clips.ini is attached. (remove the dot TXT at the end)
Attached Files
File Type: txt sigil_clips.ini.txt (4.4 KB, 269 views)
Old 05-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Thanks much - I appreciate it!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 AM   #9
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Thanks theducks
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Due to popular outcry
My sigil_clips.ini is attached. (remove the dot TXT at the end)
Hey, ducky, love:

Do you mind if my miscreants take them out for a spin?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #11
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Hey Hitch, I sent you a PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Hey, ducky, love:

Do you mind if my miscreants take them out for a spin?

Hitch
I posted them so ya'll could see (and try) different ways of organizing

To ALL
My Clips have been tuned to what/how I use them.
Clips are meant to be tweaked/organized for your work flow.
I work mostly in Code View, so be warned that the results in BV will be

Mine are for personal use in adjusting things to my personal taste and to work with my device.
1) Mainly adjust Calibre conversions (I could never find the settings to make the body selector come out this way)

2) Clean up artifacts for books with included HTML-Browser Navigation

3) Fix validation errors (eg the ebook info at the end of older Baen books)
Old 05-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Hey Hitch, I sent you a PM.
Gotcha, tx.

h
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
code hints, dreamweaver