Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
dejongj
New at this
dejongj began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
eBook Library Argh....

This application is doing my head in. I'm using it on a Mac, and just trying out how best to adjust PDF's or business word docs and spreadsheets etc....

Anyway, as I understand it eBook Library doesn't maintain its library but links to the files instead (unlike iTunes or Aperture to name two...). So I have a file in eBook Library (OSX Open Directory Administration for those who want to know), which is already synced to my PRS-600.

But I was caught out by the cropping in Acrobat Pro which isn't really cropping, eventhough it shows up as cropping it doesn't on the PRS-600 type of issue. With thanks to search on this forum that was easily resolved by cropping the bottom a bit more as well. So all well I did that on the original linked file on my Mac....I opened the preview in eBook Library and it indeed referred to that file. Then I synced I noticed one file copied. Still great. I looked on the PRS-600 and the file looks fantastic. Absolutely brilliant...until I find out the 'old' version of the file is still on their as well.

So now the PRS-600 has two versions, the old and the new....eBook Library only has the one version....I can't delete the old version manually from the PRS-600 since it is synced...But somehow the sync is broken...

I must admit, I really like the reader but the software is aaarghh...

I really appreciate it when someone can take the time to teach me the way of thinking of doing this stuff as I obviously don't get it....And Calibre, well don't even get me started; icons that don't fit in the windows and so unintuitive. Maybe function rich but I just don't get it, don't even get it to figure out how I can read the files from my reader....
dejongj is offline   Reply With Quote