Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Wiping out Collections?

Ok - simple question (at least I think it SHOULD be). I moved my library to a new computer and reformatted the drive on my old computer. Anyway - now the collections on my reader that were set up to sync to the old library cannot be deleted on my new computer. This is driving me bonkers.

So - what I'd like to know is - how can I remove ALL of the collections from my reader so I can start again on the new computer. I have all of my content ont he computer and don't mind setting it up all over again - I just can't seem to find a way to wipe them out!

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #2
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Never mind - I just poked around a bit further and discovered "Format Internal Memory" in the advanced setting on the reader itself. That'll do the trick and save my sanity! Guess I just wasn't looking hard enough :P
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
for reference you should be able to highlight them in eLibrary under the reader section and right click the collection to delete......at least that is what I have been doing ....but formatting would do it too
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
khourianya
TechnoBookworm

That's what I wanted to do, but because they were set up to sync, an error message would appear telling me that I had to do this in the library on my computer and that library no longer existed becasue of my blowing away my old library.

Lesson learned, I guess. I'm going to format tonight and start from scratch again. I like clean slates anyway
Old 09-10-2008, 03:32 PM   #5
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
Really, will have to remember that one then so I don't get caught out...
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #6
khourianya
TechnoBookworm

I'm willing to bet that there is a way to just move the xml file over to the new computer, but this wipe worked out great for me. It is like I have a new reader again!