Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM   #1
calinewb
calinewb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Gawker blogs redesign causes problems

Hi all,
Deadspin, Lifehacker, etc. in the Gawker family of blogs all underwent a redesign this week, that seems to be causing problems w/ their recipes in Calibre. When I click on an article to read it, I'm taking to a Table of Contents and a list of hyperlinked articles instead of being taken to the article itself.

I'm very new to the Kindle and to Calibre (and was loving both), and would appreciate any help this forum can offer. Thanks.
calinewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I think gawker has switched to a javascript heavy design that is not going to be easy to scrape. Personally, I lack the time to look into it, but it should be an interesting challenge.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #3
Mainframe-Junki
Mainframe-Junki began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Gawker has made the content hidden ....
Read this article http://www.isolani.co.uk/blog/javasc...bWithHashBangs from Mike Davies, quoted by Gruber at Daringfireball.

Maybe with this "?_escaped_fragment_="-Hint we can solve the problem, but i'm not an Receipe-Guru.

Nice Weekend

Olli
Mainframe-Junki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I had 10 minutes, so I fixed the recipe
Old 02-18-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
calinewb

Huh, the versions I'm getting on my Kindle still aren't working. The article list shows up, but again, the actual articles don't. Thanks for trying though.
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #6
slowmo
slowmo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
These work, and much faster than before:

Lifehacker - http://feeds.gawker.com/lifehacker/vip?format=xml
Gizmodo - http://feeds.gawker.com/gizmodo/vip?format=xml
slowmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmo View Post
These work, and much faster than before:

Lifehacker - http://feeds.gawker.com/lifehacker/vip?format=xml
Gizmodo - http://feeds.gawker.com/gizmodo/vip?format=xml
Thanks, updated
Old 02-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #8
calinewb

Lifehacker works for me now! Thanks. Could you update Deadspin as well? I believe it would just be: http://feeds.gawker.com/deadspin/vip?format=xml

Thanks so much slowmo and kovidgoyal.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Done .