Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #1
silens_unus
silens_unus began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, EZ Reader Pocket PRO (Purple)
A "What Comes in the Box?" Question

I just received my three pp ereaders and while I was taking them out to charge them and make sure I had everything I noticed that each box came with a battery in the ereader and one in the box. I have not tried charging the extra batteries yet but they look exactly like the ones in the ereader.

I did not get the wrist leash that is mentioned on the side of the box.

Is this a new change or did I just get lucky?

Last edited by silens_unus; 03-07-2010 at 07:12 AM.
silens_unus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I think you got lucky my friend. Unless they have changed (which I don't believe they have) they are only meant to come with one battery each.

So you have all up 3 spare batteries?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by silens_unus View Post
I just received my three pp ereaders and while I was taking them out to charge them and make sure I had everything I noticed that each box came with a battery in the ereaders and one in the box. I have not tried charging the extra batteries yet but they look exactly like the ones in the ereader.

didn't get an xtra battery with mine....but I only ordered one not three....No leash either...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:14 AM   #4
silens_unus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post

So you have all up 3 spare batteries?
Yep I have three spare batteries.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:25 AM   #5
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
You definitely got lucky!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Extra Batteries sold separately, and not cheap. Someone was not drinking their coffee Black.
You can use a Camera wrist or Neck strap. The ones with the tiny woven cord end.
About $6 at my local Target store. ( I have a neck strap). You got the real bargain Bundle
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Swap you my wrist strap for one of your batteries

Hmm, I think there has been a mix-up in packing the boxes. I know that my PP came with the battery installed, so perhaps they are in a transition of going from shipping with the battery installed to just supplying the battery requiring installation when you get the device (much like mobile phones).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Lucky! I got everything the box says I should. I wish I had gotten a extra battery like you.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #9
silens_unus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can use a Camera wrist or Neck strap. The ones with the tiny woven cord end.
About $6 at my local Target store. ( I have a neck strap). You got the real bargain Bundle
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check it out after work tonight.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Are you sure??

Quote:
I just received my three pp ereaders and while I was taking them out to charge them and make sure I had everything I noticed that each box came with a battery in the ereader and one in the box. I have not tried charging the extra batteries yet but they look exactly like the ones in the ereader.

Dear silens-unus:

On rare occasions the factory does not install the battery in the Pocket PRO before shipping. Are you sure those are spare batteries? I mean you can certainly keep them; but I just want to be sure they are spare and not a case where the battery did not get inserted by the battery.

We WILL definitely make good on the Wrist Leashes!! Send me a PM with your real name and mailing address and I will get three out to you!!

Nothing has changed that I know of in our packs.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote