Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No Library Option

Would it be possible to have an option that turns off the the library feature - so that the extension operates similar to Firefox's built in PDF reader.

Thanks BR

Errata - I misnamed this thread - should be No Catalog Option

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-16-2013 at 08:13 PM. Reason: errata
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Would it be possible to have an option that turns off the the library feature - so that the extension operates similar to Firefox's built in PDF reader.

Thanks BR
seconded. I use Calibre to manage my Library and use 'Open With' for alternate viewers.

I would like an option that will ask when downloading Externally (Not file:\\) : 'Save as Standard Download' or 'View') The logic is if it is a Local file, I most assuredly want the view. With an external file, it is probably destined for Calibre.
The present method requires a number of steps to get the file to Calibre, then clean out the remains. I ended up disabling the PI until I need it as a test viewer.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
seconded. I use Calibre to manage my Library and use 'Open With' for alternate viewers.

I would like an option that will ask when downloading Externally (Not file:\\) : 'Save as Standard Download' or 'View') The logic is if it is a Local file, I most assuredly want the view. With an external file, it is probably destined for Calibre.
The present method requires a number of steps to get the file to Calibre, then clean out the remains. I ended up disabling the PI until I need it as a test viewer.
The only time I want the extension to save anything is when I hit the save button, irrespective of where the file came from.

As I said, something similar to the PDF reader that comes with Firefox - with a similar sidebar would be nice.

I use the extension on my notebook, I do not run calibre on my notebook. I keep the software on it to a bare bones minimum.

Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 03:09 AM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
The only time I want the extension to save anything is when I hit the save button, irrespective of where the file came from.

As I said, something similar to the PDF reader that comes with Firefox - with a similar sidebar would be nice.

I use the extension on my notebook, I do not run calibre on my notebook. I keep the software on it to a bare bones minimum.

Thanks
Thanks, this is a good idea, I put this on the change list.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Thanks Mikelv - let me know if you want it roadtested

BR