Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #27031
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Slugs!

Just wondering how early I can reasonably crack open a bottle of red wine...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #27032
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Slugs!

Just wondering how early I can reasonably crack open a bottle of red wine...
Heck, so long as it's not for breakfast you're fine.

(And even then is OK at Christmas).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #27033
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Mimosas are OK for breakfast
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #27034
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Mimosas are great for breakfast!

Diet coke this afternoon. As I try to type on this pathetic excuse for a keyboard
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #27035
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
*cautiously peeking into the thread with an ACME slime-o-meter on full scan*

Water in my glass .....

*did something just move?*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #27036
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
You can get a cannister of salt at the grocery store cheap, poohbear_nc. It's great for slug defense.

I'm just starting mug #5. My back unhinked last night. My daughter and I cleared a path the rest of the way to the street. It was solid ice, all the way down, about an inch and a half, now. I whacked a couple square feet with a garden rake to break the ice into chunks, and she shovelled the chunks away. Then we moved up the driveway a few steps. And so on.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #27037
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy

Spoiler:
(

I hate it when this happens... Somebody moved me during the night!
Good morning, everyone. 17° degrees here and I'm freezing. Where did Thailand go? It's supposed to be a hot, steamy jungle!
Oh well... I've got Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea to warm me up, at least until 9am when the temps should climb back to where they are supposed to be... Lots of music to play today, and a 10k walk before that! Off we go to the Food Lady to get it all started. I'll bet she's wearing a hat and mittens this morning!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #27038
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Spoiler:
(

I hate it when this happens... Somebody moved me during the night!
Good morning, everyone. 17° degrees here and I'm freezing. Where did Thailand go? It's supposed to be a hot, steamy jungle!
Oh well... I've got Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea to warm me up, at least until 9am when the temps should climb back to where they are supposed to be... Lots of music to play today, and a 10k walk before that! Off we go to the Food Lady to get it all started. I'll bet she's wearing a hat and mittens this morning!!

Stitchawl
so what are the temps (Fahrenheit) like there?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #27039
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
so what are the temps (Fahrenheit) like there?
Winter time (December and January) temps in the mountains (where we live) give us cool nights, cold early mornings, ( 50's-60's) but warmer by 9am. Daytime temps in the high 70's to mid 80's. Dry with a rain storm once every few weeks. Temps along the coast or in the low lands rarely see temps go below 70. Along the coast usually no higher than the 90's, but low lands inland can roast into the triple digits.

I put on shorts and a fleece jacket when I woke up at 6:30, but now it's 9:45 and I'm back into a sleeveless shirt. Temp outside is 78°

Hot season (March, April, and May) will see day and night temps about the same, running high 80's through high 90's in the mountains. No rain at all. Mother Nature is storing it all up for...

... Rainy season! (June, July, August) Temps in the low to high 80's, changing night and day. But a torrential rain fall every day (usually mid-afternoon) that only lasts about an hour, with bright sun and blue skies the rest of the time. But during that hour's rain, you will see animals lining up in pairs getting ready to board the ark...

Fall weather is comfortable nights (70's,) good for sleeping without aircon, warm days in the 80's, occasional rains, but mostly nice weather.

It the hot weather was a wee bit cooler, this would be weather paradise!

EDIT: The Food Lady couldn't be seen... She was wearing a huge ski jacket with the hood pulled up and cinched tight around her face, fingerless gloves, and hopping from foot to foot trying to stay warm!

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 12-16-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #27040
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
*ignoring all talk about {yuck} slugs*

I love your description of the food lady and can picture her hopping from foot to foot.

Fresh coffee in my cup and munching on some cookies a co-worker made.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #27041
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
*ignoring all talk about {yuck} slugs*

I love your description of the food lady and can picture her hopping from foot to foot.
You need to remember this is 17° Celsius, not Fahrenheit. 63° Fahrenheit... We used to go swimming in the creek in Vermont when it was 63° Fahrenheit. Her husband had the ear flaps down on his hat, was wearing a flannel shirt and sweater under his jacket. I'm trying to decide if I should put on long pants when I go out...

Stitchawl
Old 12-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #27042
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I'm trying to decide if I should put on long pants when I go out...
I thought only grown ups could wear long pants. Isn't that the rule?

pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #27043
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

High of 6, low of 3. (That's C, so 37-42F, roughly.) Too cold even for the slugs. But this is absolutely typical for winter here on the Sunshine Coast. Today was foggy all day, it never really lifted before the sun set.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:27 AM   #27044
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
I thought only grown ups could wear long pants. Isn't that the rule?

Here in NeverNever Land, we don't have to grow up. Ever.

Stitchawl
Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #27045
CRussel
(he/him/his)

I guess Canadians never grow up. The percentage of people who wear shorts here (and the weather they do it in!) is astounding.

Murchie's Russian Caravan in my cup. They forecast rain, but so far I see plenty of blue sky through the clouds.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?