Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #31
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
The copy function works now. But I think you missed changing the version somewhere calibre does not detect it and this shows in the changelog

Version 0.0.1 - May 26 2012
Allow edit of ToC entries.

Version 0.0.1 - May 21 2012
Not configurable.
Show {Guide} entries when splitting.

Version 0.0.0 - May 19 2012
Initial version.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #32
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
I missed updating the changelog (now fixed, thanks). I suspect you may have been checking before kiwidude updated the index thread. It's showing up as 1.0.0 for me now, so everything looks good.

Let me know if you still see any problems.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #33
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Potential icon

Made an icon, just struck me as interesting...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ePubSplitIcon_196.png
Views:	692
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	87382  
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #34
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@capidamonte - Not bad. I'd like to work the epub logo into the icon, too.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #35
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Not sure if I love this...

Aloha,
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ePubSplitIcon2_196.png
Views:	720
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	87973  
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #36
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post
Not sure if I love this...

Aloha,
Those are baby Epub's, also
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #37
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@capidamonte - Well, I must like your first version better than my own icon--I switched to it when you first posted it to see what it looked like on the toolbar and never changed back.

I'll see what this version looks like in place and hopefully get back to you quicker this time.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #38
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Taking capidamonte's excellent first image and slapping a somewhat more opaque epub logo on it and the babies, I get this.

Also attached in the plugin zip so you can see it on your toolbar. (There's no other change in the this version.)

UPDATE - Jan 06 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	icon6.png
Views:	645
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	88031  

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-06-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #39
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thanks for the great plugin JimmXinu! Sure wish I had it when I broke up an omnibus which contained 12 books a few months ago.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #40
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.1.0 - Jun 23 2012

- Change icon

- Add config options to choose which metadata from source EPUB to copy to new eBook.

As usual, there may be a delay before calibre notices the new version. You can get the latest by going in and telling calibre to install it again.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:06 PM   #41
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 1.1.1 - Jun 28 2012
Handling links to missing images and css files better.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:55 PM   #42
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Could an option be added to remove the section(s) split off from the original ?
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #43
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

You can accomplish the same thing by using EpubSplit again, selecting all the sections you didn't select the first time. You can use control and shift clicks to select sections more easily.

That way the original epub isn't corrupted in case either the PI or the user make a mistake.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:27 AM   #44
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
You can accomplish the same thing by using EpubSplit again, selecting all the sections you didn't select the first time. You can use control and shift clicks to select sections more easily.

That way the original epub isn't corrupted in case either the PI or the user make a mistake.
Thanks JimmXinu

In their original paginated form the files I am splitting are 1,000's of pages, hundreds of sections, with 1-20 sections per logical chunk. There are an average of 80 chunks per file and I want to split at chunk boundaries.

After I chop a chunk off the top, I have to scroll down to the end of that chunk, to chop out second chunk, and then I have to scroll past the first and second chunk to chop out the third chunk, and so forth and so on... .

This process is very prone to me making mistakes after I've chopped a few chunks out of the original.

Regarding having backups etc, I am confident my backup regime is adequate to cope with any errors I might make and any plug-in defects.

If its not possible then I'll convert the EPUBs to RTF, split them in Word (maybe with a macro) and convert the RTF chunks back into EPUB with Calibre.

I tried Sigil but it crashed a couple of times reading the files, I guess they're either too big or they have residual creepy crawlies from the original PDF's lurking inside them

Cheers BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #45
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@BetterRed - I'm sure your backup regime is excellent. I'm also sure that a lot of users' aren't.

Between that and the way EpubSplit rewrites the epub when it outputs it, I'm just not very comfortable modifying the source epub.

My original plan had been to give the PI the ability to split off several new books at the same time. But that's rather complex both for the UI and the user. Plus, everybody seemed pretty much happy with the one-at-a-time version.

I'll think about both some more. And if other people have an opinion on the subject, now's the time to chime in.