Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
wlaine
wlaine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire 7" HD
Error communicationg with device

I have used successive versions of Calibre for about 8 months with Windows XP & my Kindle 2. Now with version 6.45 & Windows 7, Calibre still recognizes my Kindle, but I cannot transfer books to it. I receive this error:
Error communicating with device
The reader has no storage card in this slot.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 56, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 243, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 97, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 741, in _sanity_check
ValueError: The reader has no storage card in this slot.
wlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
You're trying to send the book to the storage card which the K2 does not have. Click the down arrow next to "Send to Device" and set the default location to the main memory.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
You're trying to send the book to the storage card which the K2 does not have. Click the down arrow next to "Send to Device" and set the default location to the main memory.
Good advice that might help someone else.

The OP figured his error 5 minutes after he posted this in another thread but must have forgot he posted this or surely he would have done the courteous thing and updated this post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:36 AM   #4
wlaine
wlaine began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Fire 7" HD
Error Communication with Device

Thanks for the help! After I posted my question, a list of related links appeared & I found a helpful one. This seems to be a common problem, but many replies I saw did not seem to apply.
wlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:56 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlaine View Post
Thanks for the help! After I posted my question, a list of related links appeared & I found a helpful one. This seems to be a common problem, but many replies I saw did not seem to apply.
Just glad to see you found an answer in a timely manner.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert