Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
Zifnab
Zifnab began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
Regex help: looking for one thing and limiting the other

Ok, now that I know I can search with regex, I am trying to learn how to use regular expressions to help me speed up my cleaning up of my library, but admit I need some help.
Basically, I am trying to find all authors that begin with a certain letter, and at the same time limit the results to all authors that have a comma in their name (and later, without the comma). I tried different variations of: authors:[,][~^b]. but everytime I get no results. I tried some of the examples from the user manual on regular expressions, and they worked great, but when I modified them to do what I am trying to do, again, no results.
So how do I find all authors with a comma and limit the results by those that begin with the letter b, and also a search for all authors without a comma that start with the letter b?
Thanks.
Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Try
Code:
authors:"~^b\\w*(\\,?)"
where 'b' would be the letter the name should start with.
Due to a recent bug fix, this works only up to 0.7.56, after the next update, you'll have to use
Code:
authors:"~^b\\w*(,?)"

Last edited by Manichean; 04-20-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
A simpler alternative that should work

authors:~^b and authors:,
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote