Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I'll add the usual comment: read my sig. Seriously, I do have an explanation of why and how it is that way, which saves a lot of typing.
Your sig while well worded has nothing to do with the question posed by the person who reactivated this thread or the person who first opened this thread. A cursory glance at the posts might be in order before jumping to an assumption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Also, with regard to digging up years-old threads: MobileRead, unlike some forums to remain nameless, does not object in the slightest to people starting new threads when they have something new to say.
I agree with you. There rarely seems to be any reason to reactivate a 2+ year old thread and it bothers me no end. But I don't find myself bothered that this thread was reactivated. The five old posts in this thread set-up the topic for the new poster perfectly. He was able to get direct clear responses to his question because of this set-up.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #17
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Dang! I never even noticed the date. Oh well, at least my post was still applicable to the new OP.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:12 AM   #18
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Your sig while well worded has nothing to do with the question posed by the person who reactivated this thread or the person who first opened this thread. A cursory glance at the posts might be in order before jumping to an assumption.
I read every post in the thread. Perhaps I misunderstood what I read, but it seemed to me the question involved direct access to, and modification of, calibre's private file structure. Hence the reference to my long, blathering post of information on changing calibre's file structure, and why one shouldn't.

Quote:
I agree with you. There rarely seems to be any reason to reactivate a 2+ year old thread and it bothers me no end. But I don't find myself bothered that this thread was reactivated. The five old posts in this thread set-up the topic for the new poster perfectly. He was able to get direct clear responses to his question because of this set-up.
It's kind of borderline on this thread, true, but the presence of the years-old antecedents seemed confusing. I've taken to commenting on it because there are forums where posters are expected to have searched, and thoroughly read, every tangentially-related thread from the first day of the forum's existence, and there seems to be an effort to minimize the number of topics at the expense of maximizing thread length, so people will jump all over someone who asks a question that could conceivably have been attached to some obsolescent thread. That's left a lot of people gun-shy about actually posting a question they need answered as its own thread, instead of attaching it to something else that has already been asked, answered, and digressed to a discussion of zombies. I'm just trying to emphasize that MobileRead isn't one of those places, and nobody's going to pitch a fit if you start a thread with your question.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote