Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #46
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owna View Post
Already read the Lyonesse series (wrote that somewhere :P)
Missed that (I searched for Lyonesse and Vance).

How about the Wheel of Time by Jordan?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #47
Owna
Owna began at the beginning.

Device: Asus
Nope im going to read that sometime in the future right now i just don't feel like reading it and i know its supposed to be really good. Right now im reading sword of truth second book just finished the first one the other day and totally enjoyed it.
Owna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #48
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I don't think anyone has mentioned Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan so I will! It's my personal favorite. I would actually recommend it now that it's finished. Though, I still haven't read Brandon Sanderson's books that finished the series. I will have to do a re-read at some point. Anyways, start with Eye of the World and see if you like it!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #49
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
as less serious reading (funnier in flavor) I'll second these previous suggestions:

the Ethshar series by Lawrence Watt-Evans, starting with "The Misenchanted Sword". Lots of wizards, warlocks, sorcerers, etc and normal guys getting in themselves in over their heads with 'em.

Edding's Belgariad (funny but serious)

More standard fantasy: I'll second Feist's Magician. Even if you just read Magician and the Empire Trilogy with Feist & Wurts (and not the rest of the Riftwar books) that's some awfully good reading.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #50
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
More standard fantasy: I'll second Feist's Magician. Even if you just read Magician and the Empire Trilogy with Feist & Wurts (and not the rest of the Riftwar books) that's some awfully good reading.
Yeah, my favorite really was the Empire Trilogy, but having read some, I was compelled to read everything. And the last few books (The Chaoswar Saga) just depressed me so much...

It's almost as bad as having never read any of them.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert